Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Whats a good beginner heli for out doors

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Whats a good beginner heli for out doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM
crchet
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good beginner heli for out doors

I just bought a Walkera CB180 d because it was supposed to be able to fly in wind. The wife has a flag outside that hanges straight down but if there is enough to move it at all you can't get the heli to come back to you. I tried it the other night 1-2 mile hr wind no luck. I am still flying keeping the tail towards me and trying to back it back to me, I kept pulling back on Elevator finally the tail dropped straight down and down it came. Same thing happens if you try and turn it side ways to teh wind and bring it back. One thing I will say it is a durable Heli I have hit the wall in the shop, dropped it from 20 feet onto the lawn with no damage at all. Can't say that for the 9 Eagle I bought first got close the the wall broke the blades, tail off etc.

What is a good durable fixed pitch heli that will fly in mild wind. I would like to fly outdoors as I only have about a 15X20 area in the shop

Old 05-17-2010, 05:48 PM
dknovick

Default RE: Whats a good beginner heli for out doors

ORIGINAL: crchet

What is a good durable fixed pitch heli that will fly in mild wind. I would like to fly outdoors as I only have about a 15X20 area in the shop
Most FP aren't big enough to be able to handle anything but the most calm of days (1-2 MPH, maybe).

-Dave
Old 05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
DEATHPROOFHELI

I have a 180d...its been pretty windy here lately, it does okay in the wind...calm wind, but it makes you better i think.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:24 AM
ReadyToGo

hi,
i was considering buying this heli to fly in the wind. fortunately i read this thread.
the main factor to fly in the wind is that the heli must be big and heavier?
is doesn't count if it is fp or cp?
thanks.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 AM
rcagpilot83

I had a CB180D, turn the extent adjustment all the way up so you get full travel on the servos. Mine was turned down the first few times I tried it outside and didn't have much luck with it. After I turned it up it could handle bout 5 mph wind or so. It is a pretty good heli to start with and it is deffinitely durable.