Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

SU 100 Motorized

Old 05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
AmpVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU 100 Motorized

I have a friend who is getting rid of a ton of models he has collected over the years. I'm new to models and not very fimilar with some of them. Today I came across a Tamiya Russian Tank Destroyer SU 100. It's 1/25 and series #10 BUT it's motorized. I'm having trouble finding info on it. Anyone know anything or can direct me in the right direction?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:17 AM
AFV432

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SU 100 Motorized

Hi Ampvegas

i have both Jagdpanther and panther (from academy) in 1/25 scale they use the same mouldings as the Tamiya

they did a few different types a static,motorised,and dual motor
also 2 types of tracks Rubber band style and individual linked
if its the dual motor individual linked tracked version of the su100 then depending on price and if you want to R/C it id go with that
always have a look in the box and see what your getting is good advice

heres a couple of shots of my jagdpanther

Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Panther F

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: SU 100 Motorized

I have built all forms of the Tamiya SU-100. If it's 1/25 and just motorized with the single motor/gearbox, it's worth about a hundred dollars ... complete and could go higher depending on the crowd wanting it.

If it's remote controlled with the boxed wired remote and dual motors/gearbox set up it could go much higher for it's one you do not see much anymore. Last one I saw go for about $300 on eBay.

I have a few left, one motorized and 2 static and the static one alone goes for about $50 or $60 right now. They have the individual nylon plastic links that snap together and the stamped metal gears with the plastic pinion.

Both the 1/35th and 1/24th SU-100's were my first motorized type of tanks and I still have some of the 1/35th remote controlled still. As a matter of fact, I have all the 1/25th Tamiya tanks minus the Tiger I.

HTH

~ Jeff