Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

Very new to rc tanks and have a question

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Very new to rc tanks and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 AM
jrowles91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very new to rc tanks and have a question

I have been in to on and off road cars and trucks for many years and just recently purchased a Panzer IV F2 battle tank. My only real question at this point is how to get better traction out of the plastic tracks? I see some people have metal track option parts but, I don't think they are really for my cheaper brand. Any tips or tricks to help out with going over steeper grades? Thanks all!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Very new to rc tanks and have a question

If your tank can handle it, weight helps. More weight on the tracks the better the traction.

For example, mine are a little bigger at 1/6th scale but, same tanks, two weigh around 28 pounds the other over 50. In deep grass the heavy one can plow right through, even do spin turns.
The other two tend to ride up on the grass, and if I try a spin turn with them they get stuck, just spinning the treads as the tub rides up on the grass and lifts the treads up off the ground.

Could try, again if possible, moving the battery towards the center of the tank for better balance. That way the weight is pushing down from the center and not say the rear of the tank.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Weight, and active suspension and less rolling resistance will help your electronics too by installing bearings in the road wheels and idler too.

~ Jeff
Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 AM
jrowles91

I'll try weight but now I have a more annoying issue. The gun won't fire. Not sure if something is stuck or what.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

If you are talking about the recoil, check for glue stuck in the barrel halves. Seen it more then once.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
jrowles91

It doesn't have the recoil feature but, the firing mechanism is what's not activating. The red light comes on as normal but no firing action happens.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 AM
maxwell18

I am a rc model a/c dude and trying to see what I can get out of model tanks hobby. Can anyone please tell what you guys do in your hobby, building tanks or anything else that is fun with the hobby. I am thinking about trying tanks and don't know of anybody that in the hobby.
Thanks
Bruce
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YOu should say hi and post your question in the Main forum, RC tanks You will get more response in that section.

RC tanks are additive. They offer scale model building, electical magic and mechanical prowess . It is a great hobby.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
maxwell18

Thanks