Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Trumpeter

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Ironturtle66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trumpeter

I bought a Trumpeter, Russian version it's not even out of the box yet. I want to convert it to full R/C, any ideas? For starters I would like to get it moving and turret rotation..anyone done this,what motors did you use?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Trumpeter

ORIGINAL: Ironturtle66

I bought a Trumpeter, Russian version it's not even out of the box yet. I want to convert it to full R/C, any ideas? For starters I would like to get it moving and turret rotation..anyone done this,what motors did you use?

Depending on what version T34 you want, it's best to have a WSN RC T34 to start with as your base model. This will have the basics already installed for rotation and elevation PLUS the drive motors ready to go. How far YOU go with it is endless, that is assuming this is the 1/16 kit. I am building such a project right now.

AND, post this in the main section as it will get more replies and ideas as well. Oh, and welcome aboard!

~ Jeff
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Ironturtle66

Oops, guess I should have said so. It's the 1/16 version,I was thinking that the Tamiya KV-1,might work...has anyone tried this or am I going in the wrong direction?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Ironturtle66

"Silence! I kill you!"
ORIGINAL: Ironturtle66

Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should go with Tamiya Pershing gear boxes as they are the fastest. Tamiya Tiger 1 electronics as the KV-1 and 2 force you to get out of neutral and it was a pain with a digital controller since I had to tone down the speed. 400 or 480 motors and probably Lipo batteries since the space is tight.