Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

L.A. Tankfest Battleday June 1, 2019 Invitation

Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

L.A. Tankfest Battleday June 1, 2019 Invitation

Old 05-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default L.A. Tankfest Battleday June 1, 2019 Invitation

We cordially invite you to *RC Tank Combat at its Finest!*

The American Military Museum will host the 6th Annual Super Summer L.A. Tankfest on Saturday, June 1st in South El Monte, California at the American Military Museum.

*Who:* Anyone with a 1/16 radio control (R/C) tank is welcome.

*What:* Battle events require 1/16 scale R/C tanks that are infra-red ('IR') equipped to participate in battles against other IR tanks. Battles use Tamiya IR protocol as a standard (i.e. each tank's IR equipment must take and receive hits from a Tamiya equivalent battle system (any brand welcome). There will be events for all tanks (IR or not), so bring your tank! At LA Tank, we run what's brung!

*When:* Saturday, June 1, 2019. Pit area opens for setup at 9:00 am, battling starts at 10:00:am and lasts until around 4.00 pm.

*Where:* The American Military Museum is located near the intersection of the 60 and 605 freeways at 1918 N. Rosemead Blvd, S. El Monte, CA 91733; 626-442-1776. Tons of free parking available, and plan to meet at the South Gate Entrance. The museum has on-site restrooms and sells cold drinks, Heng Long and Taigen tank parts and Heng Long RC tanks. L.A. Tank is the resident RC tank club at the museum with monthly meets/battles at the museum on the 1st Sunday of every month. Hotels, RV parks, shopping malls, and restaurants are nearby, contact the museum for details.

*Cost:* $10 per tanker, and all proceeds go to the museum. Admission includes access to the museum's artifact collection and a potluck style lunch. The menu is grilled hot dogs and hamburgers along with various side
dishes, drinks and dessert.

*What to bring:* Bring your tanks (all brands welcome) and plan to stay all day. Bigger RC tanks (1/10 or 1/6 scale), crawlers and big rigs are welcome to drive in the pit area. The museum provides chairs and tables, but has a limited supply which usually go quick (first come first served). We recommend that you bring sunscreen, enough lawn/beach chairs for you and your guests, a pop-up for shade, and a portable table to use for your tank parking/pit area. The day will be 4-5 hours of running tanks non-stop. A basic tool kit, extra batteries, and a battery charger are recommended. For those who would like to charge RC vehicles, electricity is available.

This is the biggest annual RC tank event on the West coast and is a great way to spend a family weekend. Step back in history with your RC tanks and battle in a scale village that's nestled in the midst of real tanks and war
vehicles. The battles will be intense and non-stop. This year features a newly designed battlefield and challenging team based battle scenarios.

Other notable events will be an optional (additional $10) private tour of some of the museum's more interesting artifacts hosted by the museum curator. This tour usually takes about an hour.

Please bring your RC tank items to buy and sell in the pit area, or take advantage of the tank museum's tanks and spare parts that are for sale in the HQ tent.

L.A. Tank is growing, and this year's fundraising focus is on a storage shed to house all new buildings and battlefield props that are under construction. We have a donation point on the field seeking donations that
will go toward the shed. We encourage everyone to drop some spare change in the bank to build the shed.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Panther F

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a GREAT TIME!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Jeff489

Thanks for the comment Panther F, it just keeps getting bigger each year too. Our first year we had over 100 RC tankers.

This year will mark the return of the annual "Tank Liquidation". Essentially it is HL tanks, parts and accessories for sale...at liquidation prices. Last time this event happened at the museum, complete HL "project tanks" were sold for under 20 bucks each... (Project tank means it's mostly there, but doesn't run...great for a project, or to drop an electronics suite into for a cheap runner). People were buying 5 at a time LOL. No guarantees are made as to items in stock, and as always, first-come-first-served.

Last edited by Jeff489; 05-15-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Fsttanks

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Looking forward to this event. It was a lot of fun last year.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Fsttanks

Photos taken at recent IR battle day with the crew of LA TANKS. Their June 1 Tank Fest should have even more tanks.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 05-18-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:32 AM
Jeff489

Great pics from the exhibition battles at the Pro-Line event! Special thanks to Pro-Line and Mr. Travis Bair for making this happen. Thanks to all who helped out, including San Diego RC Tank Battles Club, Bair Brothers Custom Modeling (Custom 1/16 armored vehicles and commission builds), and all of the volunteers who put on the show. There were over 500 spectators.

I have just been notified that for L.A. Tankfest 2019, the American Military Museum will conduct their annual 1/16 RC tank and part liquidation sale. It is a great opportunity to get some great deals on HL tanks, parts and accessories at blowout prices.

Hope to see you all there!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Fsttanks

What an enjoyable time this event was. It seemed to be attended by more folks this year and hosted a bewildering number of tanks both in battles and on display.

I fought with three of my tanks during the days battles an M41, M51 and my newer Tamiya Abrams. Though I mostly fought with my M41 as it was the best suited for the close in city fighting that raged through out the day. This was the first time I fought my Abrams in a close in city battle. It did better than I expected and gave as good as it got...mostly. My M51 saw very little action and only fought in two engagements.

Overall the fighting was fast and no quarter was given or hand holding received. Most of the fighting was move and shoot with very little "camping/sniping" as there were numerous tanks pushing hard and flanking. If one sat to long, one died were they sat. Overall the light and medium tanks ruled the day and this was noticeable as the days battles progressed. There were fewer and fewer heavy tanks being used on the field.

I did not have time to take a lot of photos but here are a few of the ones I did take. Hope other folks post their photos soon.....

Last edited by Fsttanks; 06-03-2019 at 11:41 AM.