Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

M1A2 ABRAMS TANK 1:9 Modification help

Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

M1A2 ABRAMS TANK 1:9 Modification help

Old 05-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Mr Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: M1A2 ABRAMS TANK 1:9 Modification help

Yep,they're HL's...
Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 AM
The_Stuff

hmm big mig edited all his posts... anyhow, i got my scorpion chip for the tank, now i was just debating on going HL for controls and adding turret function, or to use spektrum...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm scratching my head asking

"What was the purpose of this post?"

When mine gets here from Texas I will have the "Foxflyer" sound module for the Abrams M1A2.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:07 AM
mojavemonster

I've been wanting one of these 1:9 abrams for a while. Walmart gets only 3 every x-mas. I'd like to get ahold of one and mod it to shoot paintballs. After all the barrel is around 68 caliber, right.? .68" is a paintball. Whats the big deal, TURBO
Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Harquebus

What happened to BIGMIG's posts? Did I miss him having a rare bout of Tourette's syndrome; was he cursing up a storm? I think it is better termed Coprolalia.

His omissions make this thread hard to follow... []
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
hdbeast

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

What happened to BIGMIG's posts? Did I miss him having a rare bout of Tourette's syndrome; was he cursing up a storm? I think it is better termed Coprolalia.

He quit posting here again, let's see is it the fourth or fifth time,

He know posts his builds on Hobby Hovac Australia foum.

Gary
Old 06-05-2008, 12:17 AM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: hdbeast

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

He quit posting here again, let's see is it the fourth or fifth time,

He know posts his builds on Hobby Hovac Australia foum.

Gary

Well I'm still a member here,don't think there is anything against the rules being a member of more than one forum?? Why this old post was dug up I don't know.I believe it was started by a guy or kid named Darticus who at one time I was trying to help (but gave up onaparently he did the same with tanking in general).It is aparent you have your own opinion of me which is fine we all have one.But I will say I have most of the time considered myself as being an asset to the RCU forum,that is my opinion and may differ with yours and others.But I do plan on staying a member here,just building on another Forum (Hobby Havoc Austrilia) at the time.They have welcomed me and have made me feel at home and I hope in someway can be an asset to their forum.I'm working on a 1/9 Abrams,still doing work on some of my M5 stuarts,and just starting a 1/12 Abrams build.Hobby Havoc has a category space for these builds and I'm going to utilize it and hope it intices others to join in and mabe do there own build.These tanks have never been accepted here on this forum due to some of the members disslike for them or me,and it is a loss to the forum as a whole not to me.If you guys can keep the forum building with a few specific models and nit-picking some members because they do builds that don't meet your specifications,more power to you.If I have to sneek off in a back room somewhere to do my builds on TANKS and other MILITARY vehicles here on the forumNo Thanks. But until I say different or I'm removed by RCU Staff I'm still a member here and will still post on occasian on subjects that are in my scope of builds or tanks.But for now I'm busy else where on larger scale models and I hope those who injoy these bigger models check in on my builds. Respectfully BIGMIG[8D][8D][8D]

P.S. Hobby Havoc is a growing forum and if I can be a part of them and help them grow it will make me very happy.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Harquebus

BIGMIG,

I read this thread because I am a fan of the 1/9 Abrams and yet I peruse this thread to find out all your posts are edited down to nothing. Why is that? Do you want to keep your knowledge to yourself and not share it? Might as well edit out every post you have made if that is the case. I do not pretend to understand what is going on here but I am trying to.

As far as I can tell, ALL tanks are accepted here but it is just that so very few seem to tackle the larger scales. Why? because they are rare and expensive more often than not. The only nitpickers we had were the Tamiya-elitists but they are mostly gone or are silent. They existed largely before your time on this forum and frankly you would not have liked them.

I just don't understand your hostility. If my inquiry was not taken as humorously as it was intended, then I apologize.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:40 PM
mojavemonster

Hey HDBEAST, Could you post the complete link. I keep googling Hobby Hovac Australia forum and I brings me right back to here. ?????
Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
hdbeast

ORIGINAL: mojavemonster

Hey HDBEAST, Could you post the complete link. I keep googling Hobby Hovac Australia forum and I brings me right back to here. ?????
Here you go, http://hobbyhavoc.com/

Gary
Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: hdbeast

ORIGINAL: mojavemonster

Here you go, http://hobbyhavoc.com/

Gary

For those who had asked about a place to buy spare parts for the 21st.Century M5 Stuart and the 1/9 Abrams tanks I have also posted a source for these parts on that forum if you have a VISIT you will find that info there.The place selling the parts is in California. Reguards BIGMIG
Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 PM
ADE

I have one of these that i'm looking to SELL and would like to get a few minor parts for it. Does anyone know the website of this place he mentions? I went to the other site and couldnt find it.

Thanks.

Tony
Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
BIGMIG

Hello ADE,
Just sold my 1/9 Abrams to one of the member's here on the forum and he picked it up in person about 30 minutes ago.
(he got one hell of a good tankand a hell of a good price ).
The site is under 21 st.century-then go to their online store.They sell-tracks,sprockets,transmitter,battery,charger,darts ,gun barrel with electric shooting motor,and other related items.They have these for the 1/6 M5 stuarts and the 1/9 Abrams.
BIGMIG
Old 09-05-2008, 08:37 PM
ADE

BIGMIG-

Thanks for the information. I got this tank from my brother. I like it but I'm an off-road RC racer, so its got to go! I'll probably list it on ebay or something.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
BIGMIG

Hello ADE,
if its any good at all and you put it on ebay I would expect it to sell well over $300.00 dollars.And then around 60 to 80 dollars for shipping.These are getting harder to come by now,so a good working one will start bringing a lot more money.They are great tanks with a little work on the front Idler's.Good luck on your sale. BIGMIG
Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 AM
ADE

Hello BIGMIG-

The tank is in really good shape. Its missing the missles, the battery holddown strap and the battery cover for the radio. I also just noticed on one of the compartments/ boxes on the turret is cracked at the hinge. Nothing a little CA glue cant fix. Besides these minor things the tank is in really good shape. All tracks and wheels are not worn or broken. The radio functions as designed - turret turns, machine gun sound and firing with recoil.

I was hoping to get maybe $150 - $200 plus shipping for it. If I dont sell it I'll just work on finding those parts and hold on to it.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
vett66

I have a 1/2 Abrams M1 tank can some one tell me where to purchase tracks and sprockets for this tank are these the Tiger 1/24 scale. Where do you buy these upgrade parts. I see Heng Long parts but I have not found any place in the US to buy them. Only place I have found are all in the UK.
Sure could use the help.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
EXTRA 330L
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Guys
I hope you are all well , I am in Australia and have bought four Stuart 1/6 scale r/c tanks over the years with the intention of keeping each one but somebody came around to buy something else I had advertised and offered me a price to good to refuse . I have just bought a brand new in the box Abrams 1/9 scale r/c tank from eBay which should be here in a week or two . I saw a guy who converted his to a gas motor with his home made gear box and everything ready to go , I did email him but never received a reply . So does anybody know who will sell these parts to convert from electric to gas power , if anybody does PLEASE email me . THANK YOU .
Old 04-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on you purchase. I have a couple suggestions. First, put a new thread on the RC Tanks forum instead of resurrecting a zombie thread in the War Room. The war room hasn't much traffic, unlike the RC tank forum. Nobody reads Zombie threads (from years gone by...this thread is 7 years old). You have an interesting subject that deserves it's own thread.

Next, try checking this website out, tanks.linite.com It's a site ran for, and by, a rabid big tank guru...RCU username "TANQUE" I've met him, and he's the real deal. He does what you want to do with this tank. He'll have some good resources for you.

Good luck.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:12 PM
EXTRA 330L

To harquebus
i am not quite sure i understand your comment if it was addressed to me , first i asked a simple question regarding converting a electric r/c tank to gas and could anybody please help me . Your comment says about me keeping things to myself , i feel i made it quite clear that i do not have the skills or tools to make the parts required . Now i don't know if you have a problem , a few cells short in the brain but to make a comment to a new member who is just asking for help is a problem for you , then f--k you .
Old 04-28-2014, 08:18 PM
EXTRA 330L

To VETT66
ThIs week on eBay a guy was sell Abram 1/9 parts , left and right motors complete $25.00 , drive wheel $11.00 and something else all sold except a brand new set of tracks for $65.00 didn't sell .
Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 PM
EXTRA 330L

VETT66
Sorry I didn't read it right , though you wanted 1/9 .