Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

HL Tiger ! Upgrade

Old 01-09-2009, 02:57 PM
19th Alta Dragoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Tiger ! Upgrade

Just found out a crapy thing about the HL Tiger 1 . If you have a new model of the HL Tiger ! that uses an allen wrench to remove /re-install the Suspension Set or the Road wheel set. WELL DON"T ORDER THESE Metal Suspension and Metal Road Wheel Up Grade AS THEY DO NOT FIT!
.I ordered thet two sets and they arrived today. went to install and found that the screw that holds the plastic suspension arm will not fit the the new metal one with out redrilling the arm. The screw that attaches the suspension arm to the body is too big.
Then I looked at the New metal Wheels, which are a lot nicer than the plastic, but here we have another problem. The Screw that attaches the road wheel to the suspension arm is to small for the metal suspension arm, there for you can not install the road wheels onto the metal suspension arms.
The instructions show a tiger being re worked , but this tiger has press fit axels ,so that will work . Not the Tigers that have the allen wrench screws.
SO every one , a suggestion from me, save your self a lot of trouble and aggravation, by not purchasing these products if you have the Tiger 1 that uses an allen wrench to adjust your road wheels

Bob
Old 01-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HL Tiger ! Upgrade

Or you could just buy some of the original press fit axels that the metal road wheels and suspension arms were designed for.