Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

T-81 single pin tracks

Old 03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-81 single pin tracks

Has everyone lost contact with Bob at ETO? All my emails come back undeliverable. [&:] Got some replacement T-81 track blocks in from Impact but have too many problems. Tried to contact Bob, who got me the track blocks after a big hassle, but can't get to him.
First, they sent me 5 blocks for each side when I specified all left side, all the pins are too long, and I can't get ther pins out of the track to get them off the tank and swap blocks. [:'(] Only thing I see is to drill out the molded track pin nuts to push out the pins. Would appreciate any help-advice on this. Is it any wonder why everyone is dropping impact?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
chilipiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-81 single pin tracks

What email address were you using? The one I use is [email protected] and I always get a quick response from Bob, sometimes within minutes.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
pattoncommander

I tried them all and I have been using the same address direct to Bob. Blitz also has no contact. Bob and I have been chatting about old army days as aggressors until a week ago, but now, all emails come back. Looking for some ideas on getting the pins out of this track. [&o]
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 PM
chilipiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odd... He was posting on RCTankHQ as late as yesterday. I hope all is well.

I have had problems removing pins from Impact tracks as well (and bent a few pins trying to reinstall them too). I've had some success using an old knife and wedging the blade between the head of the pin and the track link. Once I've pried the head away a little bit with the knife, I grab it with a pair of locking pliers and apply some plain ole' brute force and pull the pin out.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM
pattoncommander

Thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning. Was considering drilling out the other ends to push the pins out. I have to replace 5 defective blocks and these are stuck in tight. I sent another message to Bob and it hasn't come back yet, so ...maybe...one might get through.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
pattoncommander

Bob responded......strange that 3 messages came back, but finally got one in. Must be something not kosher on the web. He says he will contact impact about these blocks and gave a suggestions to get the pins out.., says they can be difficult. Hate to have to drill them out, but may come to that. I may just go back to the original HL track if I can't get these track blocks changed.