Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

Total Lack Of Respect

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM
pzrwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total Lack Of Respect

Apparently this happened last night, a total lack of respect to our veterns!
Vandals damage Fredericton cenotaph, angering vets
http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/abc/hom...dalized_091110
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Darksheer

Default RE: Total Lack Of Respect

that wont go well
defacing a cenotaph is a federal crime with huge fines and jail time asociated with it
i hope they catch them
better yet i hope some veterans catch them and then turn the remains over to the cops
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
pzrwest

Maybe they should be made to stand a post and feel what the vets felt, not knowing if your next breath would be your last, or wounded and disabled for the rest of your, or live with the horrors of war haunting them for the rest of their life.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 AM
killick64

...Just ship them off to Kandahar and make them drive all our lead "convoy vehicles" !
Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
crose

[:@]Its a shame that people have become so disrespectful to the ones who have fought, bleed, and died for their rights and freedome.
I was brought up to respect all military personnel. Most of my Uncles and grandfathers fought in the wars. It was because of the duty and love of country they instilled in me that I joined the Marines and went to Nam. We should have understood when they passed the law allowing the burning of the American flag how people have changed. I guess they will only learn when the enamy is on our doorsteps. As to the Canadian vets, God bless each and every one of you. My Uncles fought beside you in WWII and had nothing but respect for you and your bravery. Semper fi from a Marine Vet.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 PM
AL D

This is by no means an example of New Brunswickers, and why people would do such a thing is hard to understand.

Bunts
Old 11-13-2009, 07:52 AM
cheap tank

When you stop teaching our children things like history and morals mahy of them grow up with no respect for anything including themselvs. I dont know how it is in Canada but here in the US our socity seems to be falling apart. God bless the vets that protect the PEOPLE that did this.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Saxondog

We have to respect the rights of these criminals when captured,that's what our vets fought for,it is a difficult situation.But if we meet out our own justice then we disrespect all they died for.That being said it's getting harder to restrain from taking justice into our own hands, the people who do these things know the situation well,they depend on it,and certain politicians actually believe that these crimes are justified in their warped liberal minds.I want my country back,and it's a country where things like this do not happen.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 AM
killick64

It's not just vets who get "disrepected" these days ....Here in Winnipeg we've had Gravemarkers in the Jewish Cemetery kicked over and smashed on TWO consecutive nights, amd a larger-than-life sculpture of Metis Leader Louis Riel (a tragic, 19th century half Native, half French Canadian hero) emasculated. The Louts who did these things weren't obviously looking beyond their next six-pack. The "Ship 'em off to Kandahar" solution sits just fine with me. It may even save the lives of some decent Canadians!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
The_Stuff

i seriously wonder where people come up with the ideas to do these things. there is no value for them to be doing this.. like the Moose Jaw's statue moose having its balls painted or the art center in reinga having the statues of cows vandalized with oil based paint. its just a crime either way!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: crose

[:@]Its a shame that people have become so disrespectful to the ones who have fought, bleed, and died for their rights and freedome.
I was brought up to respect all military personnel. Most of my Uncles and grandfathers fought in the wars. It was because of the duty and love of country they instilled in me that I joined the Marines and went to Nam. We should have understood when they passed the law allowing the burning of the American flag how people have changed. I guess they will only learn when the enamy is on our doorsteps. As to the Canadian vets, God bless each and every one of you. My Uncles fought beside you in WWII and had nothing but respect for you and your bravery. Semper fi from a Marine Vet.
Calling them people is giving them too much credit. Even animals are not intentionally cruel to other animals. Their species lies somewhere between an ameoba and whale ****. 'Nuff said

Semper Fi
Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 PM
mizuinu

ORIGINAL: killick64

...Just ship them off to Kandahar and make them drive all our lead ''convoy vehicles'' !

I support you in that notion. Better yet, strap 'em in front of the Anti-IED devices. Let 'em see & feel what the vets went thru.[:@]

I don't want to put a scratch on the anti IED devices for a bunch of ungrateful cretins[:'(]
Old 11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
cheap tank

This is a little off point but i live up the road from a pond and the oldest catholic grave yard on the east coast so thay say. kids mostly have destroyed most of the stones the fence a monument and some other things over the last few years. I dont know why people do these things but it happens more and more. Idont know why but it is kinda creepy every thing that ties us to our past is being destroyed.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 AM
AL D

Update on this story - Fredericton Police now believe that the Cenotaph fell on it's own accord. Little better story then Vandals toppling it.

Bunts