RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   War Room (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/war-room-459/)
-   -   RC Tank Clubs, Metro Detroit? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/war-room-459/11657284-rc-tank-clubs-metro-detroit.html)

palehorse 11-28-2018 01:10 PM

RC Tank Clubs, Metro Detroit?

Any metro Detroit rc tankers/armor enthusiasts out there.

Up until a year or so ago Detroit Tank Command existed but seems to have evaporated. As we know clubs come and go. Had a nice website, too bad.

jjackso5 07-12-2019 05:12 AM

Palehorse, well yes there are still a few/couple of us that have interest in the R/C tanks in the southeastern Michigan area, that I'm aware of. We have not been active for a varieity of reasons but mainly due to my significant health issues that have had me down and out for the last few years and more recently the latter part of last year and most of this year as well. Due to those reason the club website was shut down, only myself and one other member was really using the site as members, though we did have a considerable number of "guests" using the site for information and reference, and after repeated attempt to solicit thought and help from other people it was decided to suspend the website. This was not a decision I made without a lot of thought, but the cost in terms of dollars and time was not something I could do while trying to recover and improve my health.
There are, as I said a few of us, maybe a couple that are and would be interested in running/battling tanks in this area. In the past we mainly used my back-lot area, which seemed to work well at the time. This a private home and so posts were minimal. We also had access to a school to use during the winter months and a local hobby shop that allowed us to demonstrate the tanks at his store. But clubs need members to continue to do some of these things on any regular basis. Life events for many of the members impacted their ability and time to attend functions and offer assistance/support.

Let me know if you're have interest and I'll do what I can to assist you. This is a great hobby with lots of great people involved. I'd like to see the original club re-built with membership growing.

Thank you again for your interest, I apologize for the extreme delay in responding,

Happy Tanking,

Jim

jjackso5 10-12-2019 06:06 AM

Ok, any R/C Tankers in Southeastern Michigan, northern Ohio, Indiana, or local adjacent areas: I'm looking to see who may have any interest in meeting for an outdoor battle or tank run day in late October or early November. This would be at my location, a private residence in Michigan. You do not need to have an r/c tank to attend, only an interest in this hobby. There are a few tankers out there that have expressed some interest in getting together, maybe even some new guys too. I was thinking we'd gather around 10 or 11 and go until 3 maybe 4 on the day we decide, and weather dependent of course. Remember this is a private residence and as such we need to be mindful of the neighbors and young children in the area, and also that this is late in the season to be doing outdoor events in Michigan so dress accordingly. I'll need some help to set up the few buildings I have and get the area ready for an event, and some help with clean up too.
My thoughts was to either battel or set up at least a course to help us get used to running our tanks, and thoughts, ideas, and/or suggestions are welcome.
Please let me know your thoughts on doing this. You can reach me through this forum via response to this post or via PM through this forum.
I'll look forward to hearing from you, enjoy this great hobby,
Happy Tanking,
Jim

jjackso5 10-12-2019 06:08 AM

RC Tank Clubs, Detroit area?

Ok, any R/C Tankers in Southeastern Michigan, northern Ohio, Indiana, or local adjacent areas: I'm looking to see who may have any interest in meeting for an outdoor battle or tank run day in late October or early November. This would be at my location, a private residence in Michigan. You do not need to have an r/c tank to attend, only an interest in this hobby. There are a few tankers out there that have expressed some interest in getting together, maybe even some new guys too. I was thinking we'd gather around 10 or 11 and go until 3 maybe 4 on the day we decide, and weather dependent of course. Remember this is a private residence and as such we need to be mindful of the neighbors and young children in the area, and also that this is late in the season to be doing outdoor events in Michigan so dress accordingly. I'll need some help to set up the few buildings I have and get the area ready for an event, and some help with clean up too.
My thoughts was to either battel or set up at least a course to help us get used to running our tanks, and thoughts, ideas, and/or suggestions are welcome.
Please let me know your thoughts on doing this. You can reach me through this forum via response to this post or via PM through this forum.
I'll look forward to hearing from you, enjoy this great hobby,
Happy Tanking,
Jim