RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   War Room (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/war-room-459/)
-   -   bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank(up-dated)2-Used-1-New Plus 1/6 humvee (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/war-room-459/7105203-bought-used-1-6-m5-stuart-tank-up-dated-2-used-1-new-plus-1-6-humvee.html)

19th Alta Dragoon 12-21-2008 01:53 PM

RE: Just bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank-

Will do Jeff, getting to be like a kid again, just can't wait for her arrival. Still in Canada Customs , and our inside works are on Strike so I was told ...Bummer

Bob

BIGMIG 04-22-2009 06:52 PM

I thought I would pull this back up to give some of you a little motivation that may be thinking about getting into the bigger scale tanks and other vehicles.If you have the room there are some great models out on the market that are still up for grabs and at good prices for what you get.The bigger scale have been my favorite tanks to own.When I made my first post in this thread I had no idea it would continue to receive as many hits as it has had in just over a year for being on the back page of the forum.I still look in on it at different times and even being on the back pages it is still growing.If you get one of the bigger scale tanks post your tank here on the forum because there are other's here who will take interest in your work.I think this has probbly inspired more to get into tanking than anything else I have ever posted here on the forum.And you can get into these even if you are on a pretty tight budget,this is living proof of that.Although I'm no longer working on tanks I still look in for any posts on the bigger scale tanks.If you go that route,be looking for your work. ;);)

BIGMIG ;);)

Jefferson1964 04-23-2009 04:58 PM

It was nice to see this pop back up, makes me want to get out my Stuart for some spring time action.

BIGMIG 07-24-2009 12:53 PM

Hello again,
Well it's been a while since I posted here and this post is still growing,getting close to 10,000 hits.I had some family members over last week and we was looking and talking about some of my bigger scale models (tanks and hummers ).We were discussing how big and well made the 21 st. Century hummer was and I decided to turn on the hummer and see if there was any juice left in the battery after it had been setting on the shelf for many months with out being run.We took it outside and I could not believe how well it ran and how much power was still in that 12 volt battery.There is a lot to be said for the batterys that was supplyed with these 1/6 hummers and tanks.I use one of these spare 12 volt batterys I have for my field kit for starting my airplane engines when flying airplanes.I have no idea how old these stock batterys are,these models have not been produced new for years now.
I still have most of my collection that I built up over the last 2 1/2 years or so on the forums ( sold two of the big scale models1/6 stuart and the 1/6 panzer ).I have been working on a F4U Corsair airplane on another forum for the last few months now.When I started this post I had no idea that it would or could ever grow like it has,and I find it very interesting and can't help but wonder how many people got started tanking because of it.

But anyway have fun tanking guys.

BIGMIG :D:D:D

Jefferson1964 07-24-2009 01:00 PM

You had much better luck with your 12v than I did with mine. I had put my stuart up and had charged the battery full...a few months later and the battery was dead and could not be recharged. This is the only reason ive not run my stuart and just need to pick up a new battery...ive found them for around $15 so no biggie... I did hear the 21st Century went out of business here in the last 2 months or so... Therefore ya better grab up whatever you can while its still available...I collected alot of their static tanks, planes etc...would have luved to see a 1/6 scale remote jeep and/or kubel...i bought the static versions which have some very nice detail....

BIGMIG 10-23-2009 03:32 AM

What happened to the bigger scale guys.A 1/9 Abrams was on here in the classifieds just a short time back and it was there for a long time.A very good price on it too and a while back it would have been gone in one day.:D:D

Has anyone caught up with me yet........:D:D:D Mine have been collecting dust for many months,but who knows I might get back into them again.;););)

BIGMIG ;);)

pzrwest 10-23-2009 07:50 AM

Hey BM well I'm getting another Stuart this weekend. I sold my rc one back in June. Wasn't a planned sale but a guy asked me how much I wanted for my rc stuart and jokingly I said 500$ and he handed over the cash. I got this new stuart in trade for a gi joe jeep trailer and 3 cdn bashed figures

Jefferson1964 10-23-2009 08:03 AM

For $500 I would sell mine too, lol...it just needs at $15 battery and its ready to go...I remember seeing Stuarts stacked up at walmart a couple of years ago and they dropped the price to around $60 for the remote control with the jungle camo....wish i would loaded up with a few of them now...I know 21st century is now BK......

Jefferson1964 10-23-2009 08:34 AM

RE: bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank(up-dated)2-Used-1-New Plus 1/6 humvee

I came across a yahoo group that has a nice following with the M5 Stuart Tanks

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/M5Stuartrctankbattalion/

Jefferson1964 10-23-2009 08:39 AM

Pzrwest,

Is that you in the photo? I used to do alot of WW2 re-enacting in the day both American and German but mostly German as most people in my area were doing American to be in Parades, Memorial etc...but we needed some germans for them to shoot at, lol. I had an officers uniform made up and all the gear and participated in the 1994 DDay reenactment in Virginia Beach Virginia...been out of it for a while due to having a family now but still have all the stuff, LOL......cheers.....

DAP 10-23-2009 08:41 AM

Big scale guys are still around, just quiet. I will finish my Armortek Jagdpanther in about three weeks. Waiting on motors. Then its either a 1/6 elephant or converting a 1/6th Patton command car to rc.

thomasjohnmurphy 10-23-2009 10:00 AM

Have you considered to convert a 1/6 Kettenfrad to RC. I was thinking of trying that

DAP 10-23-2009 10:21 AM

I have seen youtube videos of converted Ket's. I think I would rather do a BMW & sidecar. OK. Add that to the list. Bike & sidecar.
At least it wont take up so much room.

BIGMIG 10-23-2009 01:20 PM

I remember seeing that post Harold when you got $500 for the Stuart.I sold two of my big tanks,the new stuart I had that was new in the box and the 1/9 Abrams.I kinda wish I had kept the big Abrams but was looking to gain a little more space in the hobby room.

BIGMIG

pzrwest 10-24-2009 11:59 AM

Yes that is me in the avatar

The_Stuff 10-24-2009 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG
I kinda wish I had kept the big Abrams but was looking to gain a little more space in the hobby room.
I still got mine! lol top shelf of my rc racks. buddy did want to buy it off me, but hard times...

thomasjohnmurphy 10-25-2009 08:55 AM

I was thinking to upgrade mine using 2 RX18 boards with 2 7.2V high output batteries. I have yet to take mine apart. Has anyone tired to intall HL high torque gears boxes to drive them.

The_Stuff 10-25-2009 12:32 PM

i was going to go another route. bought that sabertooth controller thing and was going to go the way that i would get a radio/esc setup or use a HL setup and then it sends the motor controls into the sabertooth, then it uses the 12v battery pack and relays those commands into 12v power to the 12v motors etc. i think its the lack of real suspension and so forth that made me not want to bother with it. that and i took it to a local tv repair guy and he repaired the resistors and stuff that crapped out. (he had fun playing with it to lol)

Duca 10-29-2009 12:04 PM

hi all. whats up with this guy Jack Yang. here he makes a really good track for the m5. any info thanks ..anthony........

DAP 10-29-2009 07:05 PM

Duca,

Jack makes excellent tracks for the 21C Stuart. As well as some detail parts. He is a member of Southwest Armor Group and his email can be found on our site on the "contacts" page.
[link=http://www.southwestarmorgroup.com]Southwest Armor Group.[/link]

Dongskie 01-09-2010 08:56 PM

Any other sites for M5 Stuart upgrades?

Steel Dragons 01-20-2010 01:47 PM

hi Edgardo,

We carry one of the largest product lines of M5 Stuart upgrades and accessories in the industry. Go to www.Steeldragons.net for more information. We also carry a large line of one sixth scale armored vehicles and custom parts.

Contact us if you have any questions.

Dongskie 01-24-2010 04:09 AM

Thanks Steel Dragon!!

Im viewing your website now :)

BIGMIG 07-31-2010 01:12 AM

Still find this post growing...........About this time last year it had a little over 10,000 hits and now has grown to over 16,000 hits.Goes to show that a lot of people look over this tank section on RCU tank forum.I looked back 15 pages and no other post had even half the action this one did.:D:D

BIGMIG ;)

pattoncommander 08-07-2010 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Stuart is a neat tank and you can make it pretty authentic loooking. The running gear is OK, but much better tracks you can get from Jack Yang (jacknthebox,@yahoo.com). I have mine set up with the minicam in the driver's seat and running it via the monitor is a lot like driving the real thing.;)

If the Stuart is going to be picked up, I'd be interested in the shipping box. I'm putting mine up for sale, but dread the packing and shipping cost.[:@]