Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Converting a JR 12X to use the Weatronic Module

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Weatronics USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting a JR 12X to use the Weatronic Module

Guys,
I am looking for some specific help with converting one of my JR non module 12X radios to utilise the Weatronic module. I have gone in and tried to use the module but it is not happy. I have read that it is possible to get to the PPM signal through the trainer port on the Tx. I am wondering if someone out there has doen this and could give me some help with step by step procedures. Many thanks Larry

Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 AM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting a JR 12X to use the Weatronic Module

ORIGINAL: Weatronics USA

Guys,
I am looking for some specific help with converting one of my JR non module 12X radios to utilise the Weatronic module. I have gone in and tried to use the module but it is not happy. I have read that it is possible to get to the PPM signal through the trainer port on the Tx. I am wondering if someone out there has doen this and could give me some help with step by step procedures. Many thanks Larry

Hi Larry,

I dont have specific experience with the 12x, but some on the eurpean version of the 9303. I have also reed forums that some have changed their 12x non module from DSM2 to ther DSMnn modules. The best way is to open the transmitter and take out the DSM2 module, as the module version and non modules version is almost the same internally. Then you must know the pinout of the connections to the module and connect the power and ppm pins to your weatronic. I believe the 12x will only give you 8 channels when using the ppm signal.

The problem with the JR trainer port is two things

1) There is no power, only PPM signal so you have to get power elsewhere

2) It will only transmit PPM signal in the trainer port if the radios power switch is of as it turns itself on when plugging the jack in the trainer port. So when buddy boxing the students radio is switched of the instructor is on. At least this is the case with PCM9 or 9303 type radios. That is pretty scary if you ask me as a glitch or movement of the jack could in essence switch you radio off for a while. Then weatronic module needs to re-establish the ppm connection. How long time that would take i don't know.

Best regards
Oistein
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Converting a JR 12X to use the Weatronic Module

ORIGINAL: oistein

The best way is to open the transmitter and take out the DSM2 module, as the module version and non modules version is almost the same internally. Then you must know the pinout of the connections to the module and connect the power and ppm pins to your weatronic. I believe the 12x will only give you 8 channels when using the ppm signal.

Although the dedicated 12x and 12xMV are physically similar, the firmware is not the same. The 12xmv includes the ability to transmit on 72mhz in PCM and PPM through the software. I don't think there is a PPM signal at the fixed module in the dedicated 12x to tap into.

Mike