Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

English Voice File for Weatronic available

Old 08-13-2013, 05:11 AM
tms-ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default English Voice File for Weatronic available

...it seems that christmas has been pulled forward for those who waited for the english voice output for their Weatronic equipment

Here it finally is:

http://www.weatronic.com/de/index.ph...igacontrol.php

http://www.weatronic.com/en/UserFile...l-Setup(1).exe

Also see some new pictures of the tray-type TX on the web site...

best regards

Tom
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Chessiegolf

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong please.

I want to put version 2.63 firmware onto my DV4 module plus the English voice.

I've downloaded the files, copied them to the SD card, plugged in the card to the Tx module and opened Gigacontrol v2.63. On the transmitter page it tells me I'm still on v2.62 and German voice v2.50. Even deleting the old 2.62 and the Greman voice files does not make the transmitter recognise the new files - what am I doing wrong?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 PM
tms-ger

Hi,

there have to be only the Firmware v263 and the EN Voice File on the SD-Card. *.log doesnt matter. But NO other files, ie former firmware etc have to reside on that card. After copying the files to the card / cleaning up, use the Windows function to logically eject the card, ie that all open buffers are written back to the card. Do NOT simply pull the card out of the reader(!).

Put the card in the DV4, while the TX and DV4 are powered off. Next, hold button 1 +2 pressed and additionally switch the TX on. Maybe you need a helping hand for that. (With my MX22 I use a pen in my mouth to shift the power switch on while both hands are used for pressing the module buttons.)

This will initiate a firmware upgrade which takes about 5 seconds. After that, all LEDs function as normal, except of the yellow LED, which lights up continiously, indicating that the voice file is beeing flashed right now. This lasts AT LEAST 3 minutes. After the process finishes, the yellow LED goes off. There is nothing to do any more, the DV4 starts talking. In GC 2.63 you can configure many options regarding speech output. This also affects the LINK VARIO. And no panic: The superb sine tone of the LINK VARIO is kept :-)

This procedure definatly works; just for my interest, I flashed the english voice file over the german one I installed first, Works. Thank I reinstalled the german voice. Simply works!

Try that and if you are still having problems, tell it here...

best regards from GER

Thomas
Old 08-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Chessiegolf

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the assistance. I did as advised and now have v2.63 plus English voice on my DV4 module. I think the problem I was encountering was having old files on the card, once these were deleted, the upgrade worked.

I have also upgraded a DV3 module to v2.62 but it would not accept the English voice file. This would have been nice but is of no consequence really, it just motivates me to get all models onto the transmitter equipped with the DV4 module.

Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 PM
tms-ger

...fine

For the DV3: There were no more feature updates in the future, only fixes if necessary. The last function added in DV3 is listen-before-talk which is the newest rule to fullfill for the vendors to be compliant with the corresponding EN directives. It is implemented in the TINY5 already. I think the other receivers will get an update to that, if they havent already with v263. Nice to have but not necessary for us modellers.

So WEA has kept its promise to deliver updates and make older systems compatible with new ones... The DV3 simply has not enough memory to hold the big speech file. If you want that, you need DV4 or DV4BT or the new TX of course.

best wishes

Tom