Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Micro 12, almost impossible to connect to all outputs!?

Old 03-04-2016, 11:13 PM
ville56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Micro 12, almost impossible to connect to all outputs!?

Hello!
Bought a Micro 12 and discovered that it is almost impossible to connect servos to all outputs. How is this possible? How have you solved this? Should it be this way, no, do not think so!?
It must be extremely heavy loads in the servo bridge, would not surprise me if it breaks one day. Not to mention how difficult it is to change a servo. CRAZY!

/Ville
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I complained about this some years ago and Alwin from Weatronic's response was that it was a user error for using the wrong size of servo plugs! Alwin always blamed the user and never accepted that some Weatronic problems were design errors by them.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:37 AM
ville56

Originally Posted by HarryC
I complained about this some years ago and Alwin from Weatronic's response was that it was a user error for using the wrong size of servo plugs! Alwin always blamed the user and never accepted that some Weatronic problems were design errors by them.
Hello Harry and others!
Alwin from Weatronic expressed himself perhaps a bit wrong. He schould have said to use servo connectors with 2.5 mm thickness and not those that are 2.7 mm.
The thickness of the servo connectors vary from different manufacturers, eg Futaba has the "right" thickness 2.5 mm. The latest connectors bought for crimping from PowerBox also had the "right" thickness.

/Ville
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	servoconnectors_weatronic.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	2151418  
Old 03-08-2016, 07:16 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

But some servo connectors are thicker, and Weatronic was just wrong to make their rx design work only with the thinnest plugs.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 AM
ville56

Harry, I agree with you completely. As it is I have to replace all the connectors, and it's crazy really.

/Ville
Old 07-01-2016, 11:07 AM
tms-ger

...the "problem" is that WEA sticked to electronics standards 2.54mm while some servo manufaturer did what they like regarding the plugs they used. Same on computer mainboards, No PCB designer would ever come the idea to not use regular spacing for normed passive components and instead drill extra holes in a different spacing on the PCB...

If you use the correct thickness, all is OK. One can claim that other manufacturers had taken this into account. But it is not correct, more a ork around.

best regards

Thomas