Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Sequencing in Weatronic Dual Receiver

Old 09-08-2007, 01:53 AM
gerhardp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sequencing in Weatronic Dual Receiver

The functionality and flexibility of sequencing in Weatronic Dual receivers has not yet really been understood by many users.

The programming of each outlet in the Weatronic Dual Receiver (WDR) is easily accomplished with the program provided and the configuration of each single servo / outlet.

First you relate as many outlets as you need for a sequencing to a specific channel (slider, knob, 2 point switch).
With the slider and knob you can sequence up to 8 outlets, controlling every single outlet sequentially one by one like a stepper. You can release lots of different carriage loads from models, or do other functions. Your phantasy is the limit.

With the switch used together with a timed delay function, you can time outlets to do certain functions in a pre selected order over a certain time. This lends itself to use for certain functions as landing gear sequencing in conjunction with e.g. gear doors.

Another example would be the use of the flap channel. on 60 % of the travel of the slider / knob you can control the complete movement of the flaps. the rest of the motion can be used to activate the speed brakes first and after that the deployment of the stopping parachute and the release of the parachute after that.

If interested in samples, let me know and I will help

Thanks,

Gerhard
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
SpiderJets

Default RE: Sequencing in Weatronic Dual Receiver

Hello Gerhard,

I am not a user (yet), but I'm trying to understand the full possibilities of this unit before buying.
Can you for example do a sequence : hit switch (with closed doors) -> open doors -> retract gear -> close doors ?
Or make a combination of doors of which some must remain open and others closed again ?

Best Regards,
Nicolas.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
gerhardp

Hi Nicolas,
That is exactly what you can do. You have to be able to give that Switch channel a slow funktion, which means that when you hit the switch on a normal receiver, the signal will go from one end to the other in like 5 seconds. The servos that then get linked to that channel, can be programmed individually to do according to the signal. See the example on my website http://www.weatronic-usa.com/index.p...id=55&Itemid=2 which shows exactly what you were asking. You see that the inner gear doors are closed in the gear down position. When you hit the switch with the slow function, the doors open first, then the gear retracts and after that the geear doors close again.

Once you play with it, you can find lots of other functions. You can sequence up to eight outlets, meaning, you can have eight different functions that are sequenced behind each other. For example you could drop eight different objects from a model if you use a twister knob. You can release them one by one.

Gerhard
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
SpiderJets

Very impressive !

Nicolas.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
SpiderJets

I've downloaded the software, read the manual. It's in fact very simple and a new world opens up to me ! If you combine this with the possibilities of modern radios, like their programming of different flight conditions and mixers at the Tx end, it is incredible what you can do, especially with a too limited number of channels...
I owe a Futaba 9ZAP and was dreaming so far about a 12Z or 14MZ... if I am right, my need for such will not be a priority anymore.
I'm going to receive my (first but probably not last) 10-20R this weekend and am very excited to test the limits of imagination in a complex configuration of a full function jet.
You're right, the servo slow function and multipoint curves is the key to sequencer functions. That was brilliant.

Nicolas.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:26 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone tell me if the time for the receiver to switch from one battery to the other has been settled? I haD heared of a few problems with a time to switch etc.??

ALso, can I use standard heavy duty JR extensions with these recievers. I know they have to be "stranded">>??

thanks
Dave
Old 11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
gerhardp

Hi Dave,
As far as I know there has never been a problem with the battery switching. The time to switch is less than a millisecond and it has absolutely no influence on any performance of the receiver or the capability to support the servos.

Thanks,

Gerhard