Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Hare 73" V1 Edge Gas w/A123?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 AM
plane-o-joe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Hare 73" V1 Edge Gas w/A123?

I purchased used, a Wild Hare 73" V1 Edge with a Brillelli 40 Gas engine. I had seen the plane fly first hand and it was fully 3d capable. I need help with a couple of items. The person/friend I purchased the plane from was using Nimh batteries. One for Ign. One for Servos/Rec. Both batteries have died. I was thinking about the new A-123 battery for the servos/Rec. I have seen that Tom now carries these 2300 mah packs with two deans connectors. Does anyone know if he carries the cellpro 4 (FMA)? This plane has the standard switches and I'm also considering the MPI switches as replacements. Also, my friend was flying this beast with non-digital 70 oz torque servos. Is this enough? I have 5945's on hand, but feel they are over-kill. Any reccomendations? This is going to be a gas beater plane, but I want to be safe with it. Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare 73" V1 Edge Gas w/A123?

If he was flying it with non digital 70 oz. servos and he did it all the time then it was obviously enough. The plane does not require digital, killer torque, high dollar servos. It's anly a 73", 10-12 pound plane when it's set up light. As for what Tom carries, a simple e-mail to him at the company address would answer that rather rapidly. He knows more about what he carries than anybody.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 AM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

That charger is not listed on the websight price list. email tom for info.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FMA does not sell through dealers, go
to fmadirect.com to order. A123 batteries will work fine for this plane.

The best way to charge the A123 batteries is through a separate charge lead that is installed on the packs from the factory, so there is no reason to replace the switches if the ones you have are reliable.

TF
Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
plane-o-joe

Thanks everybody for the response. And Tom, I will be ordering a battery or two. I'm waiting on the end of the year bonus...I mean airplane money. I was surprised by the switch response. I'm not electronic savy, but I thought with A-123 batteries, I would need to be concerned about the draw going thru the switches. Like I said these are run of the mill switches like I use on a .40 size fun fly plane. I don't like giving out their name, because they have always been good for what I've used them for. And also I wanted to say thanks for all the data and testing you conducted and passed along. I'll support those efforts as best I can with future purchases. I'm very excited about all the new A-123 technology. I also own Lipo's and Li-Ions that I will use till they die. However, there after they will be replaced.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On that small plane current will not be an issue, you won't be pulling much at all.

TF
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

I've got Hitec 5945's all the way around on my WH Baby Edge, and it's on it's 3rd year and everything is great. You can install the 5945's in a 28% when you decide to move up in size.
NEDYOB
Old 12-10-2007, 06:12 PM
plane-o-joe

Hi Nedyob, What power plant are you using in your Baby Edge? The friend that assembled this Baby Edge moved the motor back for CG purposes. The cowl fits a little awkward, but it didn't harm the looks. You can see a video of this plane with my friend flying it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qH_s9HycA

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Im runing a os 1.60 W/Pitts muffler. I had a Brison 2.4 Gasser but never got around to putting it in.
NEDYOB