Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

50 cc sukhoi ???

Old 09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
jsteiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 cc sukhoi ???

hello all, i am new to gassers and am going to buy a 50 cc. i like the looks of yaks and the sukhois, but what is the difference in flight? i am thinking of buying a wildhare plane and the sukhoi would be the one. tom's online support has sold me on the plane alone. what would the shipping by on one to 44004 and are they in stock?... thanks for your time....
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
thewrap

Default RE: 50 cc sukhoi ???

Tom is currently all out of Sukhois. This is on his website.
But I've got one for sale that is TURN KEY for $1100. It's a great deal considering this would cost probably over $2000.
I'm pretty desperate to sell it so as long as you can pay shipping and crating I'll gladly pack it up and send it your way.
It comes with
The TOC 53 Toms China Motor very strong and broken in
Hitec 5945 for Ailerons and Elevators
Hitec 598 for Rudder
Spektrum DS 821 for throttle and choke
Fromeco 2300 Lipo on ignition
Tanic A123 for reciver at 2300mah
3 MPI Heavy Duty switches with charge jacks.
Aluminum arms for Elevator and Rudder.
I've taken great care of this plane minus the dust. The only sign of damage is a whole in the covering from a screw driver during the build. I can send pictures if you interested.
Send me a PM or email me @ [email protected]
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
thewrap

Sorry I read the rest of your post and I've only flown a Sukhoi and this plane is a great all around plane. Depending on how you set the system up it can be great for learning the basics of gas powered flight or learning serious 3D. This is set up to do 3D, but just tone down the rates some and it will fly like a trainer. Landing was a little sketchy at first as it likes to float. Just force it down and it will come to a stop fairly quickly. If there are any other questions just feel free to ask.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
jsteiner

thanks for the offer which is great, but i am looking forward to build one over our great ohio winters......
Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your question, there is almost no difference in teh way the Sukhoi flies compared to a Yak 54.

Originally I started out with a Yak design, but I wanted something a little different so we changed that plane to a Sukhoi after the basic flight testing was completed. The change was to lower the wing just a little, raise teh stabs a little, and make a different canopy and cowl.

The changes made no difference in how it flies, it's very stable yet highly maneuverable with no bad habits, you really can't tell it from a well designed Yak based on how it flies.

TF
Old 09-12-2008, 07:15 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly can't wait to get my Sukki26 finished. Guess I was one of the lucky ones who bought one of the last kits you had in stock. I compaired my sukki with the H9 a friend bought at the same time for the same price ($799.00) and I know I got the better airplane. The "pocket hinges" alone are priceless. The overall quality of this ARF is second to none.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He's referring to the 100cc class Red Bull Sukhoi, and we still have a few of those.

TF
Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, my bad[]