Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

New 35% Edge

Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New 35% Edge

I kept the CG on mine at tube center for the type of flying I do. I never had any issues with a "hunting" rudder or straight lines with IMAC type maneuvers. I found that reducing control throws from my usual "a little bit more than book low rates" cured any control issues I had when flying precision. The plane will fly as straight a line as you are capable of seeing.

The plane is very IMAC competitive when flown appropriately.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
jtsails
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom (rctom),
Any idea of when these might be available again?
James
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

Finally got some flights on this plane, about 5 now. WOW, I love this plane. This is my first 100cc class plane and I must say Bigger really does fly better.I have a new favorite airplane
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Allow me to share avaluablelesson.

Despite being well constructed, the Edge does NOT fare well when flown into a tree. And no, it ain't repairable this time. (Well, ok, ANYTHING is repairable, but it's not practical this time)

*bleh*

Not sure yet where I'll go from here. Probably just going to fly the 50cc 540T and other planes for a while, and see what strikes my fancy.

=============

Have some quite usable parts buried somewhere in all of the rubble. I'll try to get a list together this week, should anyone ding anything up and need some spares.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 AM
rctom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is something I have been unable to engineer out. Our planes will go pretty much anywhere you tell them.

Sorry to hear about your loss. If you consider another 100cc let me suggest the Giles as the best flying airplane out there.

TF
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 AM
gboulton

ORIGINAL: rctom
This is something I have been unable to engineer out. Our planes will go pretty much anywhere you tell them.

I even had a pilot figure in there...you'd think he'd have seen the impending doom and pulled up. Guess I'll need to buy one from a different source next time! LOL

Sorry to hear about your loss. If you consider another 100cc let me suggest the Giles as the best flying airplane out there.
I'm definitely going to go with another 100cc airframe at some point. All the "expensive bits" survived, so it'll be pretty much plug-n-play.

The Giles is on the short short list, to be sure.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Sorry to hear about your Edge. All that work this winter and that son of a gun was just determined to to return to it's roots.
I had to fly my Edge this past weekend in an IMAC contest. It wasn't set up for it no how no way, but I dailed down the throws and moved the cg forward a bit and was really suprised how well it flew straight lines. It doesn't IMAC as well as my WH Extra, but it's nice to know it will work.
A friend just recieved his WH Giles last week. I'm really itching to give it a pull. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:10 PM
gboulton

ORIGINAL: flatspinjim
Sorry to hear about your Edge. All that work this winter and that son of a gun was just determined to to return to it's roots.
Thanks for the condolences, Jim.

I really am quite amazed by how little damage the tree suffered...I mean, it's made of wood too! *lol*

Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM
gboulton

If anyone's in need or wishes to "stock up" for a rainy day...

I have a cowl, canopy, left wing, both horizontal stabs/elevators, CF stab tube, CF wing tube, main gear, wheel pants. All are painted/covered as you see them in my previous Paul Bonhomme scheme images.

All are in fine shape.  Only the cowl has a minor mark to the paint, but the fiberglass is undamaged.  

Canopy is still on the hatch...hatch is damaged, having lost the mounting 'ears" for the bolts, and had the pilot knocked out of it.  You can ask me to separate the canopy or ship intact, whichever.

No sense in this stuff sitting in my shop collecting dust...might as well fund a servo for the next plane or something.

If anyone's interested, just PM me a reasonable offer.   I certainly don't wish to rip anyone off.  
Old 06-18-2010, 11:47 AM
John2

Anybody got a spare or left over fuselage. I pretty much have two of everything except the fuselage. Had a engine out at 30 ft hover this morning and broke another one. Lost one last year due to electronic problem. Receiver just went into failsafe and it flat spun into the ground.

Thanks,
John