Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

Did you use right thrust on your 35% sukhoi

Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Did you use right thrust on your 35% sukhoi

Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Did you use right thrust on your 35% sukhoi

I am ready to mount a ZDZ 80 on my 102" Sukhoi, should I build in right thrust, I think it will need it so what did you guys that have them flying do?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did you use right thrust on your 35% sukhoi

I added about 2 washers worth on mine. I'm flying with a DA100. Seems about right but if I let it build up a bit of speed in a vertical climb it stills pulls to the left. But it's manageable. It hovers nicely and does everything I ask of it. But you'll need some RH thrust in it.
thanks
Barry
Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Eagleburger

I have 2-2 1/2deg in all mine. I would put in 2 and go from there. I had a 60size pattern ship years ago that was zero deg on everything, I ended up putting right thrust after one day. you can never have the perfect amount of right thrust for all situations, but 2 1/2 seems to be the closest.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of flying is your primary interest? Fun flying and 3D? Then no right thrust. IMAC you're thing? Then about 1/2 degree or so of down and right may be what you want. Those that fly the upper levels of IMAC may prefer the zero-zero installation.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:09 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Mine ended up about a degree of right thrust and 1/2 degree of down thrust, but I only put that in after I flew it a few times. It flew just fine without any thrust adjustment but was a little better for IMAC type flying after adding the washers. I'm not a real big fan of putting something extra into the design unless I have tried it first. I figure designer should get it pretty close to start with.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Mixing a little right rudder to throttle is a great way to go also. More throttle, more rudder
Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

flatspinjim,

Your method is a lot easier to reverse mix out, especially if the reverse of one input is less in the second direction. As an example only, mixing 2% right or left rudder for a power on upline while using a zero degree rudder mix on a power off downline. Using an offfset engine thrust line will always have an effect on a power off downline due to residual thrust developed with a windmilling prop.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
colled

I agree, no offset added to mine just mixed it out so straight in up as well as down lines.