RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   WildHare R/C Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/wildhare-r-c-support-355/)
-   -   Wild Hare Baby Kit Contents? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/wildhare-r-c-support-355/8006899-wild-hare-baby-kit-contents.html)

Jetdesign 09-30-2008 07:30 PM

Wild Hare Baby Kit Contents?

It was just suggested to me to check out the Wild Hare planes, and boy am I impressed! I am very interested in one of the two 'babies' - Extra or Edge.

The website doesn't have an "includes" or "requires" list, so I was wondering if these planes (ARFs?) come with all the hardware like ARFs from the big distributors. What are the 'hardware kits'? Do I need one of these, or are they replacements?

Any info regarding what's included, what's not included, and what the instructions look like is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

thewrap 09-30-2008 07:52 PM

RE: Wild Hare Baby Kit Contents?

They sell a hardware kit for like 50 bucks or so. With linkages and gas tank fuel tubing wheels ect. Other than that I think don't quote me but I think that the kit includes everything else.

nedyob 10-01-2008 12:18 AM

besides the harware kite, If you want Tom to include at an extra costs. He sells servo's and may have a few engines on hand if you want to buy the works from Tom.
When I bought my baby Edge 540 V-1, I bought the hardware kit, and already had the required servo's, glow engine and RX.
Any may I say I've had my baby Edge 540 for three years and still fly's great. Great plane great service from Tom at Wild Hare.
NEDYOB

Tired Old Man 10-01-2008 12:32 AM

Good question. I haven't seen one of the baby kits in a few years now.

apriliamille 10-01-2008 08:28 AM

hi
i have been slowly building my baby extra while waiting on an engine to arrive (long story that i wont throw mud on the wall in here about). i acquired the additional kit. its all dubro products including tygon and gas stopper. two bags came with my kit. one bag had the phenolics and misceleneous screws and a tail wheel in individual bags that were labled for example "main wing" "rudder" "landing gear" etc etc (these bags had screws and nuts for the gear wing bolts etc etc) dont quote me on exact names out of the bag, plane is in a friends garage being worked on since i live in a condo so i cant see the bags as i type this. all thread rods and a carbon fibre rod tube comes taped together in the box (i recycled some ti rods i had from another plane but it looks like its enough to do everything). the additional kit has various stuff like tugon fuel line, a machined style aluminum fuel dot, a t-fitting, gasser stopper, sullivan gold clevises and other things that i cant recall off the top of my head. a dubro fuel tank was in the main box, not sure if it is from the additional kit or the standard kit. so far during my assembly (wings, elevators, landing gear) i have not needed to use anything outside what i have ordered from wild hare and i doubt i will need anything alse to assemble outside of my own glues and clear for hinge sealing. it also came with a c.f. wing tube and elevator tube

hope this helps

mike