Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Wren Turbines USA
Reload this Page >

Modernizing a Wren 54 Mk2?

Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

Modernizing a Wren 54 Mk2?

Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modernizing a Wren 54 Mk2?

I have an old Wren 54 Mk2 which I would like use and bring forth into the the world of modern turbines. I know that mechanically I cannot do much, but can the computer controls be updated by using a new FADEC control and reprogram it so that it behaves much like a gas autostart turbine?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Modernizing a Wren 54 Mk2?

If the motor has a starter attached, you can purchase a Xicoy V-10 ECU and upgrade it to an auto start. You will need two solenoids though. I can program the ECU for you but some adjusting and fiddling can be expected!
Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks Ron. It does have a starter motor attached. By adjusting and fiddling you mean what? Ramp values, etc?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Our ECU program is suited more for the latest designs. Your pump, combustion chamber, diffuser...ect are of an earlier vintage...making the default settings a bit different than what you may require. It's very possible to do...just takes some patience.

Ron