Community
Search
Notices
Wren Turbines USA Wren USA no longer providing support for their turbines. We are converting this forum into a member supported support forum. This means members will solve members problems

44 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
thunderchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 44 wont start

Ron, and Guys I need help. I put my 44 Gold in a scratch built JSF X-35B. I got it back about a year and a half ago after a crash. Just about new everything. Sara said Gavin worked on it. I run it twice on the test stand and put it away for a year. This winter I built the x-plane. I probably should have run the turbine one more time before putting it in the plane. Went to the field today to run it up in the plane for the first time and could not get it to run. I rebound the radio a number of times and reprogrammed the ecu but it comes up with “sticklo!” instead of ready. I tried reversing the throttle but there was no change. I tried setting the throttle at 75% instead of 100% and still no change. Also tried reconnecting everything. Any ideas?
Thanks
Glenn Corrie
Old 06-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: 44 wont start

Glen,

Make sure the throttle channel is plugged into the ECU with the brown wire to the outer edge. Are you using an extension on the throttle channel...if so, this too could be causing the fault.

My cell is 260-701-8936

Old 06-03-2010, 07:37 AM
thunderchief

Thanks Ron. I have narrowed it down to the transmitter program. I am using a 9303 and when I look at the screen that shows movement of the throttle for some reason you can move the stick almost half way to full before the indicator starts to move. This morning I unplugged the turbine and plugged in a servo into the throttle channel and sure enough the throttle stick would move 25 to 30 per cent before the servo would start to move. Almost as if the throttle was in an expo function. I must have something turned on in the computer program that is effecting the throttle..
Thanks for your help
Glenn
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have either a large throttle curve programmed or you have a mix affecting. check the mix page too on transmitter.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
thunderchief

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I was going crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong. I put no curve in the throttle but I am using three mixes ( you know for the lift fan...................just kidding) but for some reason I did have three other mixes not inhibited and they were all throttle mixes.............why , I guess I am dumb! Not sure . Just turned them off and I decided not to commit sucide............ the Sun is shining again. Thanks to both you and Ron for your help.
Glenn