Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
 Experiences buying from xheli. >

Experiences buying from xheli.

Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Experiences buying from xheli.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Experiences buying from xheli.

Not bashing anyone here.  Seems all my posts about xheli and there other companies are getting removed by the RCU moderator.  The batteries for my E razor 450 are dead after 3 weeks of flying. About 3 hours.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you know you can not run lipo batteries down. If you do that the battery is dead. so when you measure the voltage of the battery what do you get?

ANdy
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM

You are wasting my time... I am an electical engineer. I care not to hear anything from your company anymore.  BTW it is the charger.  Told ya it was a piece of ****..
Old 06-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Iused xheli and got an erazor 450 rtf. The chopper is not holding up to every day flight.Switches ,the 3d sw, has snapped off of the TX, in the wrong position. CS and TS are not very good. All this in just one month
Old 06-20-2010, 10:12 PM

"Caveat emptor" is all Ican say about anything made in China, which the vast majority of inexpensive RC gear is. You don't buy a $150 heli and expect $500 performance out of it. If you do the politest thing I can say is that you're a complete and utter idiot. Same applies to anything you buy today, really. I've been looking at the stuff Xheli sells with the thought of purchasing several items. First thing I've done is go online and <u>find out what others are saying about it</u>. On the EXI and other helis nearly the first comment from all experienced flyers is to go over every nut and bolt and loctite them, then do a proper setup on the bird. Easy thing to find since it's on just about every forum that deals with RChelis! Heck, I already figured I'd be doing that since I know that the vast majority of Chinese manufactured screws are WAYsoft, and expected I'd have to replace 90% of them with quality hardware! Simply a matter of going in with your eyes open and knowing what you're getting into.

As for the charger not meeting specs, well it's a cheap piece of crap to begin with, so what's the big surprise? Toss it in the junk parts box and use a decent charger, your batteries (even the cheap one that came with the heli) will thank you for it. I agree that the customer service issue was poorly handled, there's simply NO excuse for hanging up on a customer, ever! I've worked enough CS jobs in the past to know that even if you're dealing with a rude and abusive customer YOU have to remain polite and do your job. Hanging up just gets your company a bad reputation where CS is concerned.

One thing I know with an absolute certainty is that NOheli newbie should EVER purchase a heli, no matter the price, and try to use it without first seeking the advice of an experienced heli pilot. That means before the battery even gets charged the first time have someone go over it top to bottom, inside and out to make sure it's properly set up. Let that person make the first test flights and ensure that it's ready before you ever take the transmitter in your own hands and try to fly. This, BTW, is from someone who is that very heli newbie, namely myself.

If you buy cheap expect cheap quality. If you want the quality and performance of a Trex then buy a Trex. It's that simple.

Oh, and one other thing - I will be making a purchase from Xheli soon, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks. Plan on buying an Esky Honey Bee FP v2 from them. Have my eye on an EXI 450 kit, but one step at a time. Got to learn to walk before Ican learn to fly, right?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 AM

You're correct on most everything except that I am a newbie. I post here so that newbies can make a more informed choice. I have been out of the hobby for 4 years, really bad military accident. To say there have been changes in the dot.com's is an understatement. The warehouses are problematic and posses no CS or TS skills. Seems you've read most of my posts. You must realize I am trying to inform everyone about these 5 companies.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Never said you were a newbie, from your posts it's obvious you aren't. Just saying that I don't care WHAT heli a newbie buys, they should ALLbe looked over by an experienced heli pilot before being flown the first time. That goes for everything from the cheapest Chinese clone to the most expensive heli you can imagine. I also strongly recommend that a newbie seek the advice of SEVERAL experienced pilots before they make that first purchase, could end up saving them a ton of money as well as a ton of frustration.

Yeah, there are companies out there where you really have to know what you're doing if you want to do business with them. I can name one walk-in consumer electronics store where that's true in spades, namely Fry's. If you don't go in knowing what you're after those folks will take you for all you've got in a heartbeat, especially the computer side. Same goes for a lot of online shops, unfortunately. BUT, if you take the time to do a little research (such as reading threads like this ) then you can make a more informed choice and not be unpleasantly surprised when something turns out to be less than stellar quality.

As I said, Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer Beware!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:38 PM

You said many of my points better than I did, thanks.

Update on my bird. The 3D swith snapped off in my hands in the wrong possition. Total loss. And ya know that these guys won't even warranty the radio, afterall the chopper did crash!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Alright lets do this. What's your order number? I'll have you send the chopper back and have a tech fix it repair it and test fly it and then send it back to you.

Andy

ORIGINAL: GuitarPlayer

You said many of my points better than I did, thanks.

Update on my bird. The 3D swith snapped off in my hands in the wrong possition. Total loss. And ya know that these guys won't even warranty the radio, afterall the chopper did crash!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM

I have to say that I'm very happy as well, with Xheli. I have been trying to find a good micro-indoor heli to fly during the winter months and have gone through 3 Air Hog Havocs, 1 Radio Shack "Blackstorm", a "$19.99" Mall cart special, 1 "Silver Bullet" Co-axial (still flies, goes like a bat outta hell!), 2 "Phantoms" Co-axial as well (also flying extremely well) and my first XHeli purchase, the Syma S026 mini-chinook. I ordered it, it came on time (they sent me the tracking data via email), and so far have been having a blast with it. It's extremely tough, and flies just like they show on their website. For the amount I spent, including shipping, I'm very pleased and will be making a few more purchases for old co-workers who also want one of these little Co-Axial pieces of fun.

Sorry, don't buy all the bad-mouthing by two or three Guys, who, in my opinion (and I AM a Customer Service Agent w/15 years experience), that you can't please everyone, no matter what. I'm thinking of writing a book about all the crud we "Cube Dwellers", go through on a daily basis when we get a call from someone w/a chip on their shoulder. I sure do have alot of material to work with
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Yadac, I would but there is nothing left. When the mode switch snapped of the chopper spun itself into the dirt. Nearly took my leg off! And I'll be %$#%^&amp; if I'm gonna pay the shipping. Give me refund and I'll back off and let everyone know your' customer service helped me.

Ya should just email me direct.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14824.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	1459954  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm sorry I can give you a refund without having the helicopter be returned to me. I can email you a shipped label and have you send it back. I'll give you a refund upon return. What's your order number?

Andy
Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 AM

This may be the case for rc helis, but in reality, this shouldn't be the case. Either make it a disassembed kit or assemble it and ensure its assembled correctly. When something is assembled, there is a reasonable expectation that it works.

Imean, can you imagine if everything worked that way? Bought a new car? Well, don't you dare drive it off the lot until you have it towed to an experienced mechanic to look it over. Or bought a new LCD TV? Don't plug it in. Gotta get a tech to look it over.

I know the realities of some companies may be different, but just accepting it allows such behavior to continue. And even Fry's can't sell you a computer that breaks in 30 days and continue to be in business.

And a $150 heli isn't a $500 one, but $150 is still $150 dollars. I bought something with my $150, not donated it to charity. And that something better be functional and not fall apart in a few weeks. My $150 doesn't self destruct in 2 weeks, so neither should the product I exchanged that $150 for.

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

Never said you were a newbie, from your posts it's obvious you aren't. Just saying that I don't care WHAT heli a newbie buys, they should ALLbe looked over by an experienced heli pilot before being flown the first time. That goes for everything from the cheapest Chinese clone to the most expensive heli you can imagine. I also strongly recommend that a newbie seek the advice of SEVERAL experienced pilots before they make that first purchase, could end up saving them a ton of money as well as a ton of frustration.

Yeah, there are companies out there where you really have to know what you're doing if you want to do business with them. I can name one walk-in consumer electronics store where that's true in spades, namely Fry's. If you don't go in knowing what you're after those folks will take you for all you've got in a heartbeat, especially the computer side. Same goes for a lot of online shops, unfortunately. BUT, if you take the time to do a little research (such as reading threads like this ) then you can make a more informed choice and not be unpleasantly surprised when something turns out to be less than stellar quality.

As I said, Caveat Emptor - Let the Buyer Beware!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 PM

And wouldn't ya know I still haven't gotten the UPS label!?!?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM

It sounds like you had a bad exp with something from x heli..i haven't yet read through every page....

Thats to bad because i was going to check out there battery chargers since i will need one to use for my 450 battery and my SR battery..Hmmm

Anyone know a good charger that is ac/dc,$100 or under that will charge well and not cook the battery that i could get from xheli?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM

I had a Tx failure. The 3d switch snapped of in the wrong position. Chopper just dug itself into the dirt.

Look at Towerhobbies.com. Everything they sell is top-notch and garaunteed..
Old 08-02-2010, 04:27 PM

Maybe it's the USPS! or UPS not Xheli!

I have yet to have a problem with XHELI or HOBBYPARTZ, and I have ordered over $1500.00 Heli stuff, maybe more.
Maybe it's just not my turn, or it's how I ask when I have a problem.
Sugar or Salt it's all in the way you ask!
Have a great day!
RCREDHOTS

ORIGINAL: GuitarPlayer

And wouldn't ya know I still haven't gotten the UPS label!?!?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM

Yadac promised me a label to return a terrible chopper. Still waiting. Redhot you should have read the whole thread.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 PM

And I did send you an return label. I send it to your original email and you said your email server failed on you so I send it to your gmail.

Andy
Old 08-13-2010, 07:38 AM

Man talk about bashing going on in here. Not to tend any fires but I use Xheli all the time. I am new tothe whole thing and with me being in the military it is almost implossible fr me to find some one to help me out. I have ordered two birds from xheli, a co axel to ease the nerves. The skids broke off and I still flew it and landed it on its belly. Awsome little thing. I also bought a Raptor G2 from them. For a while I had a negative perseption with it because I could never get it to work right. But now I have alot more confidence considering that I can fly her around pretty well. If I had known then what I know now I would not have bought it. But if I didn't buy it I would not know what I know now. It goes to ho you want to handle the situation. I know the birds are cheap on xheli but if they weren't I wouldn't be able to get into RC Helis as I can't pop for Trex or some other high end bird unless it is income tax money (contrary to popular belief Military guys don't make alot of money).
Old 08-13-2010, 07:50 AM

Hit the wrong button

Bottom line I hear you bashing xheli for poor support and poor product but I don't hear you taking any blame on yourself. Even with me there is no one around here that I have been able to find that knows about helis to include the LHS. THey sell it but don't know anything about them. So I check with guys online (here) before I buy anything to see whatthey know and then I do my homework. I am still learning how to do the set up and it takes me a bit longer because there is no one here to look over my shoulder. So if the bird crashes I may get bent outa shape for a minute or two but then I look at what happen and what caused it. Like most of the seniors say in most cases it goes back to poor set up (which is my fault) and second I don't pay 200 bucks and expect the bird or me to do things that you see in you tube. I know I am not CS but if you were one of my Soldiers and came at me with this junk I would "help" you adjust your perception of things and help you mature as an adult.
By the way even with no one here to teach me how to do this when I do get a minute or two of smooth hover I know I earned it and I figure that if I can teach myself to fly something held together by duct tape and super glue (no joke I keep at least two tubes in my "field box") then when I do move up to the end state (gasser) I will be able to set up and fly it like it was ment to fly. Then I will be posting videos on you tube.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:04 AM

Some information I have found.....
by doing a simple google search I found
the following websites all have (626)968-9860
as a contact number.

When I did a domain registration search,
I found the following:

raidentech.com - registered to: PRIVATE
nitrorcx.com - registered to: PRIVATE
grandhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
nitroplanes.com - registered to: PRIVATE
micromotorx.com - registered to: PRIVATE
hobbypartz.com - registered to: PRIVATE
wonderhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
arttechusa.com - registered to: PRIVATE
intelspy.com - registered to: PRIVATE
zhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
rctoyz.com - registered to: PRIVATE
EgrandBuy.com - registered to: PRIVATE
xheli.com - registered to: PRIVATE

when I run a domain whois on the previous websites, all I get is:

Domain Name.......... xheli.com
Creation Date........ 2005-11-18
Registration Date.... 2005-11-18
Expiry Date.......... 2010-11-18
Organisation Name.... Jun Ma
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........ registered post accepted only
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email..........
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
Tech Address......... registered post accepted only
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94088
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email...........
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

From my personal experience, those that register their domains (url's, internet addresses) as private.... means they are hiding something for a reason from someone.

Now lets take a legitimate hobby site: Tower Hobbies
Towerhobbies.com -
It is registered to:

Registrant:
Tower Hobbies Inc.
1608 Interstate Drive
Champaign, IL 61821
US

Domain Name: TOWERHOBBIES.COM

Administrative Contact:
Smith, Tim
Hobbico, Inc.
2904 RESEARCH RD
CHAMPAIGN, IL 61822-1092
US
217 398 3630 fax: 217 356 6608

Technical Contact:
Miller, Steve
Hobbico, Inc.
2904 Research Rd
Networking
Champaign, IL 61822
US
217-398-3630

Record expires on 08-Aug-2019.
Record created on 09-Aug-1995.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.RACKSPACE.COM 69.20.95.4
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM 65.61.188.4

Notice how the legitimate company has actual names, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Those that aren't willing to tell me who they are, generally are less than legitimate businesses in my opinion.
Be very careful when ordering from them. Especially when they pay more money to make themselves PRIVATE.
In the future, before you buy, check out domaintools.com and see if they have a private registration or if it
lists an actual person with an address and contact info. That is what I do, and have yet to have a problem.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: billdo76

raidentech.com - registered to: PRIVATE
nitrorcx.com - registered to: PRIVATE
grandhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
nitroplanes.com - registered to: PRIVATE
micromotorx.com - registered to: PRIVATE
hobbypartz.com - registered to: PRIVATE
wonderhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
arttechusa.com - registered to: PRIVATE
intelspy.com - registered to: PRIVATE
zhobby.com - registered to: PRIVATE
rctoyz.com - registered to: PRIVATE
EgrandBuy.com - registered to: PRIVATE
xheli.com - registered to: PRIVATE

Notice how the legitimate company has actual names, addresses, and telephone numbers.

Those that aren't willing to tell me who they are, generally are less than legitimate businesses in my opinion.
Be very careful when ordering from them. Especially when they pay more money to make themselves PRIVATE.
In the future, before you buy, check out domaintools.com and see if they have a private registration or if it
lists an actual person with an address and contact info. That is what I do, and have yet to have a problem.
I was considering an EXI frame from Xheli.com and electronics from hobbypartz.com and nitroplanes.com.
Now since their domains are all registered "private" so their business "are less than legitimate," I should back away and look elsewhere? Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: Rock0nman

That seems to be par for the course for the Xheli customer support team.</p>
Yeah man they need to step up their game. I had enterd the wrong shipping price and they called me so fast, it was as if I was struck by lighting[sm=50_50.gif]
It's been a year since you guys posted. I can tell you that nothing has changed from my experience. Low prices, fast shipping, but no response to email, phone, or live chat. I'm kind of stuck with them since they seem to be the exclusive suppliers of Exceed Falcon 40 v2 stuff but will not be buying my next bird from them. Price isn't everything.

Cheers,

Drew
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: imacamper
Price isn't everything.
So true!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.