Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Experiences buying from xheli.

Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Experiences buying from xheli.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Vizth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experiences buying from xheli.

I'm thinking about buying from them but i have to admit something about xheli seems off. There prices seem too good, and all i have read are negative reviews. Then again just about the only time people post reviews is when they have something bad to say.

What are your experiences buying from xheli? are the deals as good as they look or did they rip you off. I'm guessing they must be decent to have a dedicated forum here but I want to make sure.

O on another note this is the heli I'm thinking about getting, I'm a total noob with these things but this deal just seems to good to pass up.

http://www.xheli.com/20neupveea50.html
Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 AM
xheli

Default RE: Experiences buying from xheli.

Vizth,

I'm the XHeli.com rep. If you are new to rc helicopter, don't start with a 6-channel. They are not as easy to fly as you think. To all new customers, we suggest them to start with 4-Channel Co-Axials because they are alot easier to hover and give you a feel of how rc helicopters operate. And you won't get frustrated taht easily =)

Here's what you need to look at:
http://www.xheli.com/4.html

And if you ever have problem with your purchase, we have a support forum here, RCdiscuss as well as RCG

Thanks

Old 02-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Vizth

Ya the book I just read scared me away from that one.

Thankyou for the reply and the advise, the Esky lama 4 is what I'm going for now.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM
shonsolo

I just placed an order for an 2009 Esky Cp V2 6ch and Im a newbie. I guess I made a mistake. I purchased a flight simulator, maybe with alot of practice. I didnt see this post until later on. May god be my co-pilot.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
xheli

ORIGINAL: shonsolo

I just placed an order for an 2009 Esky Cp V2 6ch and Im a newbie. I guess I made a mistake. I purchased a flight simulator, maybe with alot of practice. I didnt see this post until later on. May god be my co-pilot.
you just need to practice alot on the simulator first if you're new. also, try to ask around and let people help you.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 AM
yadac123

if you are a total noob do not get a 6 ch as your first heli. Yes 4 ch and 6 ch is only $20 difference but what's the point when you don't even get to fly it? Honestly, lots of bad mouth on xheli is due to customer selecting the wrong heli to start with and they felt they got ripped off. A noob doesn't understand that there's a learning curve involved in fly heli, just like how you learn to ride a bicycle for the first time. It can't be done overnight.

Andy
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
jongunz

I ordered a falcon 400 3d from them... Package took about a full 7 business days to get to georgia. I've wrecked it once, but that was my fault. Beginner trying to fly in to small of a place. It actually flew perfectly right out of the box. Also I just ordered 2 exi 450 packages. They had a deal too good to pass up. They have my repeat business.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
FLYGUY09

Yeah I saw that $50 deal...almost picked one up. But I just got the Belt CP V2 and need to keep my focus on that for now. By the way, Xheli got my order to me in 6 calendar days and I have zero problems to date. I will order from Xheli again!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
dchin62973

When are the E-Sky BIG LAMA being re-stocked ???
Old 02-20-2009, 04:32 AM
xheli

A lot of ESKY including the BIg Lama will be back in stock around the first week of March. Check back for a BIG SALE!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
N1pster

ORIGINAL: xheli

If you are new to rc helicopter, don't start with a 6-channel. They are not as easy to fly as you think. To all new customers, we suggest them to start with 4-Channel Co-Axials because they are alot easier to hover and give you a feel of how rc helicopters operate. And you won't get frustrated taht easily =)
The Laws of physics say the above statement is incorrect, there is no way that a 4 channel co-axial will give you any indication of how a 6 channel will operate.
All the customer will gain is stick time and they may as well do that on a simulator and save on the spares costs of the 4 channel.

Buy a decent 6 and follow Radds to the letter and remember buy cheap buy twice.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 PM
xheli

ORIGINAL: N1pster

If you are new to rc helicopter, don't start with a 6-channel. They are not as easy to fly as you think. To all new customers, we suggest them to start with 4-Channel Co-Axials because they are alot easier to hover and give you a feel of how rc helicopters operate. And you won't get frustrated taht easily =)
The Laws of physics say the above statement is incorrect, there is no way that a 4 channel co-axial will give you any indication of how a 6 channel will operate.
All the customer will gain is stick time and they may as well do that on a simulator and save on the spares costs of the 4 channel.

well, some people like you are gifted when it comes to rc helicopter so what you say is exceptional. Xheli.com doenst recommend beginners to start with 6-ch because it tends to be more frustrating to learn and people with no patience tend to give up easily
Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Daddyo314

i just recieved mine yesterday, the Falcon 400 VII and from the beginning i was not able to get the trim tabs to work right, it kept drifting around. there is no manual with the unit on how to correctly set up the Remote and how to really use it, and yes i was using it in to small a space and now i need spare parts already. where do i go to get more info on how to use the remote and correct settings on it? thanks for your help
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 AM
xheli

there's a setup video here: http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php/topic,5367.0.html

thanks

Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 PM
dditch

With a number of helicopters (Kits, Rx ready, ARFS) from Xheli I've been really happy. Nothing of major conciquence. I spend the time to research what I buy as well and find online resources for questions.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM
yadac123

If you got xheli products and need help you can pm me or email me at yadac@yahoo.com

Andy
Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Kenny4842

I just realized that xheli has a section here on RCU which makes it that much better . I read several post on the other forums before placing orders with them, what I noticed was even though there were some people that do have problems, Andy or someone else with xheli would always reply in a timely manner and make it right. I personally have not had any problems, but I am sure if I do I will be taken care of promptly. I have had several orders with xheli and I have been very pleased with the service, products and price.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 PM
yadac123

Thanks most of the time I'm over at http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php and I check this forum every other day.

Andy
Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
SwiftTiger

When are you expecting restock of the 4 ch coxial comanches? thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
helimangler

So far I couldn't be happier. They have descent prices and the spare parts freight rate is great for when you just need a few extra parts.

Oh you can beat the prices by just a little but then you have to get it out of Hong Kong and if you got a problem. Good luck not forking up more $ to send something back.

I do business with them all the time and will continue to do so.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
yadac123

we have a new esky shipment due in 3 weeks.

Andy
Old 08-22-2009, 03:26 PM
befu
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with X-heli.I had lots of RC experience in cars and boats, some airplane crashes also!

I got the bug when my family had two of those cheap 2 channel rc helicopters at a family function. Well, I looked into it further and stumbled on xheli. Was going to look at another 2 or 3 channel, but then saw some videos of how the 4 channel coax ran. When the esky dauphin came out, I was hooked and bought one. Well, I liked that so for Christmas I purchased two of the $25ish 3 channel ones and gave one to my brother. We had a blast that day flying them but ended up abusing them and broke them both. I showed him my dauphin and let him fly it around the basement - he was hooked. The next time I went to his house he had two of the 2.4ghz dauphins and a chinook also, all from xheli.

Definately go with the coax. Teaches you the visual to hand co-ordination of what direction is which. I am teaching my 7 and 9 year olds to fly now. I would vote on staying away from the cheaper infra red ones, the $20 to $40 models. Buy something in the $80 to $120 range that you can get spare parts for and fix. (on another note, I got the Blade MCX and I love that thing. VERY stable and fun to fly around the house. almost too stable... The Dauphin is great to fly at work in the warehouse.

Waiting for the HB FP Mk3 to come back in, that will be my next.

Shipping has been great. Only problem I had was I ordered two spare bodies for the dauphin and they were not packed well and got creased in route. I emailed into customer service and they said they were resubmitting the order to send out two more. I then got a notice that the bodies were out of stock and never received the new ones. Bythen, I had done enough damage to the dauphin that the lightly damaged bodies didn't seem to bad, so I used them and dropped the whole issue. After a couple of rough landings, they were in worse shape anyways!

xheli is also in the states, which is nice. Use the online question submitter andgive them some time to respond. Remember, theyhave a warehouse full of toys.Odds are they do not sit around at the computer like we do....

Brian

ORIGINAL: N1pster

Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
yadac123

Thanks

Andy
Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 PM
KCinNC

i'm so pleased with my EXI 450.....I am going to give the EXI 500 a go !!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
yadac123

Andy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.