Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Exceed G2 Heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 PM
tech134

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed G2 Heli

I purchased one of the Exceed G 2 heilicopter from X-Heli back in October. I flew this heli for at least two batteries almost everyday for a month. About 4 weeks into owning this heli I experienced my first problem. The main motor shaft broke off just below the pinion gear. I was lucky enough to be in a hover only 2 feet above the ground when it broke. I thought maybe all my flying caused it to fail! With a closer look it was a manufacturing defect were they grooved the shaft for the retaining clip. I went ahead and ordered a new motor which was on sale at Partz for only $12. What I didn't know was on the landing it struck the tail rotor first but no damaged was observed. This caused the small gear that operates the tail belt to become loose to the main gear. I thought like many of the others that I have read that the gyro was defective. It wasn't until I started looking at how this model is operating that I figured out my problem. I think that many of the modelers who have had problems with their G2's might be attributed to one harder than normal landing which caused a failure of one of the weak plastic parts. I have fixed my G 2 and it flying very good now. I am a little afraid of which part may fail next but I keep flying it.

My friend also bought one of these Heli's as well on my recommedation. On his first flight he landed a little hard and the problems for his Heli started. He replaced the broken parts that hold the blade assembley. After fixing he was ready to try it again. As soon has the Heli would leave the ground it would spin around to the left with no amount of rudder would stop it. I took a look at his Heli and found the pulley on the tail rotor slipping on the tail shaft. This slight slippage would cause the helil to spin out of control. The remedy is to take the tail apart and CA glue the pulley to the shaft ever so carefully.

I know the Tech support at X-Heli is trying to solve all these peoples problems with their Heli's, but the bottom line is they only import these machines and sell them to us. The real problem is most of us like to buy cheap and sometime's you get what you pay for!

Thanks,

Tech 134, Robert
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exceed G2 Heli

so to prevent the heli from landing hard you can use a training kit with the landing gear to protect the heli. Yes the gear tends to strip out if there's a hard landing with the heli. The http://www.xheli.com/50h08-26.html is the part that needs to be replaced. This part is cheap but rather hard to get to. When this part strip out you can use the entire tail assembly.

Andy
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
rob_acdgspetc
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure if this applies but I had a similar issue. The heli just spun and spun. Turns out the servo got bumped. It slides back and forth on the tail boom. I centered the contoller and slid the servo to the correct place until I had correct "neutral" pitch on the tail roter. It only takes a mm or teo. It may take a few adjustments but's real easy. Just be careful if you don't disconect the battery every time you make an adjustment.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
yadac123

that's call offsetting the drift. It's nice that you've figured out on your own.

Andy
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
rob_acdgspetc

ORIGINAL: yadac123

that's call offsetting the drift. It's not that you've figured out on your own.

Andy
***? Will somone please translate?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM
yadac123

opoos sorry for my typo.

Andy
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
rob_acdgspetc

whew. thanks for clarifying Andy. Thought I was going crazy.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:32 PM
yadac123

Andy