Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Cyclic Trim HELP!! (Good Karma Anyone?)

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Cyclic Trim HELP!! (Good Karma Anyone?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 PM
NewitheR/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclic Trim HELP!! (Good Karma Anyone?)

Hey guys, If there is someone that is able to help me out a little, I would greatly appreciate it. I'mNew_With_The_R/C and there's no body around to ask help from : /
I just bought a Art-Tech Shark 450 v2from bananahobby.com (delivered on time with no damage by the way). THIS IS MY PROBLEM... I have the cyclic trim set as far as it can to the RIGHT, but yet my helicopter still want's to slide to LEFT (roll left). Like I said I'm a beginner, have little knowledge about anything dealing with R/C, but my hearts into learning as much as I possibly can. Im completely amazed with thetheory ofhelicopter flight.
Any information that a first timer should need to know would also be a great deal of help, as well as what I can do to correct my helicopters desire to keep sliding to the left!

Thanks!

C.H
Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cyclic Trim HELP!! (Good Karma Anyone?)

Can be a difficult question to answer without seeing it to check your mechanacal set-up. If the swashplate is at 90deg to the mainshaft and the links are of equal lenth and the paddles are in line, it sounds like your trying to trim it when it`s still in ground effect which is almost impossible i`m afraid. This is where the help of an experienced flyer is invaluble to trim your new heli out of ground effect and then you know it`s you and not the model.

If you cant get any help i would put the trim back in the middle and just use the sticks to stop it drifting as best you can untill you can hover it above ground effect (roughly the diameter of the main rotor off the ground) and trim it properly. Also, do you have a simulator ? if you can hover on the sim then your well on your way to hovering the real thing.

Hope some of this helps, but i cant stress enough how important it is to get experienced local help.

cheers
                                                    john
Old 04-28-2010, 03:12 AM
NewitheR/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything seems to be in the right order, although I diddisassemble everything from the blade grips down to the end of rotor head. I wasn't able to get the rotor head off and didn't mess with the swashplate at all. I can't hover more then an inch or two off the ground yet, but it seemed to act the same as it did before I detached a few things. Though I did adjust the limit & gain on the servo thinking it would make the transmitter controls not as sensitive. Since then I've had either a very sensitive rudder control making it turn too much or really fast, and also after the throttle being on for a minute the tail would shake side to side pretty quick within a foot of space. I seemed to correct it I believe but I am adjusting the gain and limit still sometimes hoping for better control. But as you said, I am trying to trim it while in ground effect cause I'm not able to hover at any height just yet.
Well I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I need all the help I can get, I don't know a single person with any radio control knowledge especially in the helicopter area... lol
but would It be worth taking it to a hobby shop hoping they would know what adjustments to make on the servo, or is that something easily picked up?

Thanks a lot,
chris
Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi chris,

Yeah, i would take it to your nearest shop to try and get help with it, even if they make a small charge because you didn`t buy it from them, i would think it`s money well spent. They may even be able to put you in touch with local heli flyers to help you.

As for taking the time to help you on here, it`s a pleasure, we all had to start somewhere and i can still remember how hard it is at the begining. When you say adjust the gain and limit on the servo, do you mean on the tail rotor gyro ?