RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   XHeli.com Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/xheli-com-support-forum-496/)
-   -   Customer Service Lesson For Xheli (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/xheli-com-support-forum-496/10941955-customer-service-lesson-xheli.html)

flyowa 02-03-2012 09:27 AM

Customer Service Lesson For Xheli

<div id="post_message_20627540">I ordered a Syma S033G from one of xheli's competitors, they had the 11.1V version listed as did xheli which I had also ordered. Both companies sent me the 7.4V version.

Xheli admitted they knew the model they sold wasn't what was advertised, telling me it wasn't available anymore (Syma no longer made it) but shipped it anyway. After 3 different employees told me three different stories, they refused to do a cross RMA, accused me of trying to pull a scam over a $60 dollar heli after spending almost $400 with the company in a single order. I asked them to do a cross RMA becvause they had already bait and switched once and I have no reason to trust them. They of course claimed that no company does this for their customers, which of course isn;t true at all, it's a very common method for mail order companies to correct their mistakes.

So I ordered one from xheli, who also had the 11.1V version advertised, and I had already gotten one from them with absolutely no problems. Unfortunately they also only had the 7.4V version. Syma apparently just started shipping the new version in the old boxes. Now here's the difference between a fly by night operation with poor ethics and a legitimate company.

From Geeks:

I believe we've located your order. A FULL REFUND for your helicopter + S&amp;H has been issued; you should see a credit appear on the original payment method in 3-5 business days. You do NOT need to return the product. Our apologies again for the trouble, and our thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention!

So, xheli, refuses to take reasonable steps to correct it's willful mistakes, Geeks immediately offers to go above and beyond. In fact while xheli continued to run deceptive ads, Geeks pulled the product listing immediately.

Then again, Xheli was a paid accredited member of the BBB and got delisted because of their horrible record of complaints, Geeks isn't a paid member but has an A+ rating. Which is odd, because xheli groupies insist xheli got screwed by the BBB, that their rating had to do with money the BBB wanted them to pay etc, they even insist that the BBB won't give non-paying businesses good ratings.</div><! / message >

RTCharlie 02-03-2012 10:47 AM

RE: Customer Service Lesson For Xheli

With all due respect Mr Hendrickson, we have already given you a return shipping label to have the item returned for a refund. We have done all we could to get this fixed for you, but your not willing to take our help. If your not happy with the item please send the item back to get refunded, we will be more than happy to issue you a refund for the item.

-Charlie

flyowa 02-03-2012 11:54 AM

With all due respect, I asked for an advance exchange guaranteed with a credit card, which your company refused even though one of your employees admitted they knew the model they were shipping out was not the one described in the ad, and two of your employees even implied I was trying to pull a scam. Then when it was questioned if you even had the correct model to exchange it for, your employee refused to offer any proof you had it, despite another employee stating you didn't have it and couldn;t even get it because it was discontinued and replaced with the model you ship.

Then you offered a refund but only ifI returned it first, which of course requires I extend a level of trust to your company it does not deserve. I can find multiple complaints about your company not issuing refunds, the customers having to resort to charge backs to get them ultimately and since your company has repeatedly made statements that at best were less than accurate, my counter offer was to have your company process the refund first and then I would return the heli soI wouldn't end up being another victim.

Oddly, one of your employees even made the claim that NO company does advanced exchanges, when the reality is, in cases where the company made the mistake, an advanced exchange is common. At least for companies that don;t have the lowest possible ratings. In the same forum he made that claim, another employee offered a customer a replacement transmitter with no requirement to send the defective one back at all. You people really need to start coordinating your stories so you don;t make fools of each other.
</p>

flyowa 02-03-2012 12:14 PM

This is the bottom line, charlie, eric , judy or whover you are today, when a business makes a mistake, it is legally, morally and ethically obligated to correct it's mistake without further burdening the customer and asking them to further trust them when they're intital trust was betrayed.

Obviously some companies get that, others don't.

http://www.xheli.com/56h-s033g-heli-red.html

Please note, your ads pictures clearly show the 11.1V model with a 3S battery and tail boom light strip STILL. You did change the one picture in the ad for the yellow model so it doesn't show the tail boom lit up after I complained, maybe you should go back and change both ads so that the pictures and the fine print accurately list and describe what you sell.

There's a reason it not lawful to show a picture of a Navigator in an ad for an Exploder.

flyowa 02-10-2012 08:59 AM

what's the matter "charlie", don't like discussing your company's problems on a forum where you can't control the conversation, delete posts etc like you do on rcdiscuss?