Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Old YS.60 2S-need directions

Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Old YS.60 2S-need directions

Howdy, just aquired an old YS.60 RC in mint condition. A pumped 2S with baffled piston which I ran yesterday in a stand. Really powerful and the impressive tank pressure indicates that pump is still in good order. Was able to adjust it to run pretty well using the supplied spray bar glow plug and 7% nitro but still ran a bit rich in the middle range. Anyone who can help with:
1) manual for this "antique" engine..?
2) suitable glow plug..?
3) Nitro content..?
4)...hands on experience..?

Thanks in advance....Cheers/Harald
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95686.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	1672366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98306.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	1672367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12523.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	1672368  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old YS.60 2S-need directions

I have a YS manual but appears to be for a more recent version of the 45. I have 2 of those. The info should be the same for the 60 as the 45. I know the picture shows the manual for the 60 but I sold that engine a couple of months ago. Let me know if you want a copy of the 45. I can scan and email to you.
Mike

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21209.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1672594  
Old 10-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Many thanks Mike - just sent you an e-mail....Regards/Harald
Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Harald,
I have an YS.61 that I bought 20 years ago. Used it in a F3A pattern model of that era. Being schnuerle ported, it must be newer than your YS.60.
The "pump" is actually crankcase pressure, taken where the inlet in the crankshaft passes a hole in the left side of the front box, and fed via a check valve to the tank. My manual doesn't tell about glow plug or nitro or oil content but it states that synthetic or castor oil can be used. I have used different oils but prefer synthetic because it won't clog the silicon diaphragm in the pressure regulator. This diaphragm is a sensitive thing that I managed to damage by using Aerosave oil, otherwise one of the best oils. 20 % of Aerosynth 3 seems to be OK. My YS.61 ran without nitro during the first years but it runs smoother with 10% nitro. Use a cold glow plug because this is a hot engine!!!
Rgds / Lars
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 AM

Lars, thanks a lot for your input. Well I do NOT like or use Aerosynth since I think it "stinks".My favourite brew is ML70 and castor (2+1 mix to my 4S engines) which smells like perfume in comparison. Has had several positive remarks in the club field that my engines "smell good" so I freely hand out my recipe........should be OK for the pump diaphragm too we hope.!!??..Cheers/Harald