Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 115 flkooding

Old 04-19-2016, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 115 flkooding

My YS 115 sport engine floods when I try to accelerate from idle.
Dies and fuel runs out the carb.
Adjusting doesn't help.
Have never had the fuel regultor apart on this new design.
Does it use the same silicon diaphragm the older ones use?
Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 AM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Yes it does use a silicon diaphragm. What appears to have happened is the regulator is stuck in the open position and needs to be flushed. Remove the regulator from the engine, remove the two cover screws and regulator. Hook up your fuel pump and while very carefully holding the lever down, pump fuel through the regulator. I like to do this with an electric pump otherwise you will need a helper and I also like to do this either over a jar or white towel so I can see if I flushed any debris out. Unfortunately this is about the only maintenance that can be done with the new regulator that I am aware of and if that doesn't work after a couple tries you may have to replace it. Not that I have had many issues with this new regulator but I have gone to carrying a spare. Been sitting in my flight box for over a year now.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 AM

Default YS 115 flooding

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Yes it does use a silicon diaphragm. What appears to have happened is the regulator is stuck in the open position and needs to be flushed. Remove the regulator from the engine, remove the two cover screws and regulator. Hook up your fuel pump and while very carefully holding the lever down, pump fuel through the regulator. I like to do this with an electric pump otherwise you will need a helper and I also like to do this either over a jar or white towel so I can see if I flushed any debris out. Unfortunately this is about the only maintenance that can be done with the new regulator that I am aware of and if that doesn't work after a couple tries you may have to replace it. Not that I have had many issues with this new regulator but I have gone to carrying a spare. Been sitting in my flight box for over a year now.
Thanks for the reply,
have tried blowing air thru it, will try the fuel pump method, that may work better.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:48 AM

Turns out, the factory initial setting of two turns out, is way too rich.
Talked to Rich verano, he said turn it way out, half turn at a time.
Turned it out to almost flush with the housing and it runs good.