YS 110 Seized in Flight!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:15 PM
MarkCulpepper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 110 Seized in Flight!

Hello Dave,

Two months ago I sent a brand new engine back to you guys that would not run out of the box. You guys replaced the regulator. The engine ran great until today. While flying the engine seized in flight. Deadstick was uneventful. I have not disassembled the engine but I am guessing it sucked a valve. I have run a total of 6 gallons of Byron's 30% heli fuel through it turning an APC 16 X 6 and the engine has never been crashed. The engine was purchased new by me about 10 months ago. I tried to run the engine for the first time in the middle of July just before I returned it for warranty service. I have had it for about a month now in working condition. I assume the engine will be covered under warranty. I will box it up tomorrow and send it to you guys. I currently own two brand new YS 110's and both of them are in for service.[:'(] The other YS-110 I mentioned in a previous thread would not idle unless I set the regulator way too rich. It is already on it's way to you guys for repair.

Mark Culpepper
Old 09-21-2004, 10:16 AM
MarkCulpepper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS 110 Seized in Flight!

The engine is on it's way back to you guys. When I removed it from the airplane, looking through the glow plug hole, it actually looks like the connecting rod failed rather than a valve.

Mark
Old 09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YS 110 Seized in Flight!

Sorry for the problems.