YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

diference 140fz and 140 sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:30 PM
mrhp
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diference 140fz and 140 sport

dave could you tell me the diference between the 140fz and the 140 sport?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: diference 140fz and 140 sport

Sorry Dave is no longer answering the RCU forum
I hope I'll do instead.

The 140FZ and the 140 Sport are essentially the same engine. Some minor changes like the bigger bore carb from the 140L is on the 140Sport and now all the YS engine has the gas ported piston. The only really difference the 140L, 140FZ and 140 Sport are the crankshaft ring on the 140L and the bigger bore carb on the 140L and 140Sport. The 140 Sport has a slightly different piston that the other 2 but this is not an issue. The Sport comes gas ported and the other two had the modification applied to them. All the 140 pistons are interchangebale just like all the 120 pistons. YS made tons of different versions of the pistons. But they all work, some might be a little lighter and have a little more power, but they are less forgiving to lean runs. I think the 140DZ psiton is the one that is in the 140 sport. Makes sense why make different pistons, when the 140DZ and the 140Sport both can use the same part.

YS is very good and using the same parts from engine to engine. In fact the 140's and 160's and now the new 170DZ are all built on the same case as the original 120. Yes it has been modified over the years, like bored out and so on but essentially the same basic part has been modified from that original 120. This is the chassis that has given its framework to the 170DZ

But the 140 Sport and FZ are within about 100rpm of each other in terms of performance and they are essentially the same.

Troy Newman
Team YS Performance