Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS .61S thrust washer?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS .61S thrust washer?

I've got a .61S airplane engine that was missing a few parts. Basically, behind the prop there's a problem. I made a new key (which was missing) and screwed the prop back on and the prop driver went all the way back and hit the crankcase. Is there supposed to be a thrust washer in there? It looks to me like it would just push that back into the bearing and seize again. I've done a quick search on the internet and couldn't find any info on the engine. Is there a downloadable manual somewhere?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS .61S thrust washer?

Yes there is a washer used on some of those engines. Contact Parts and Service for details

www.yspartsandservice.com

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troy, is there a downloadable manual for this engine? Information is scarce. I can make a washer, so won't need to place an order.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As I said contact Richard at service. He may have a manual. I don't have one as I never owned one of those engines. I'm just a guy helping out answering questions. I don't have a magic stash of parts and manuals. Sorry.

Just call them. I think they are going to be out of town this week...but I'm nto sure.
With the holiday in the middle of the week I know lots of folks making it a full week of r+r. I know the guys at Parts and Service have been really busy the last few weeks. Richard mentioned that he repaired 30 some engines last week. And old stuff 120's and such. guys just keep running their engines for a long time...

Troy Newman
Team YS