Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

After run oil

Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Funtana140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After run oil

My engines are living in a harsh climate at the moment, with cold winters and hot, heavy summers. Because I have to go away for aork quite often and for long periods of time, I just wanted to know if there was any after run oil that you can recommend that would protect my engines (from A 63 to a 160 DZ) while I am away? In particular, is there any commercial oil like castrol or mobil that can be used? Are there any other tips to encrease the bearing life and the gasket life? Any hints would be greatly apprectiated!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: After run oil

i run the YS oil in on my YS motors and regular after run in the other glow motors
Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 PM
mjfrederick

Funtana, it depends on what fuel you're using in your YS motors. Most YS blends do not require after run oil, especially those offered by Morgan Fuels with 100% synthetic oil in them. However, if makes you feel better, you can use a very low weight automotive synthetic (very little need, just a few drops) or the synthetic after run oil similar to the stuff sold by [link=http://www.pspec.com]Performance Specialties[/link].

EDIT: The reason 100% synthetic is required is that a petroleum-based lubricant will harm internal plastic and rubber parts.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Funtana140

Any comments on this troy? For the record I run Power Master 30%.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't run after run oil. However if an engine has been sitting or is new I will oil it before I run it. I put oil in the cam gear area. I also oil the bottom end via the carb. I will also from time to time put some oil in the glow plug hole. The amount of oil is very small. Too much and it become hard to start.

Use an oil that you know is 100% synthetic with no petroleum based products in it.

The Ultra Oil sold be Performance Specialties is a good product. I have used it in the past. Currently I use Mobil 1 0W-20 and an eye dropper. I use this oil to assemble the engines, and lube them before running the first time. It works well.

Caution too much and it will be hard to start.

Troy Newman
Team YS