Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Fuel Tubing YS

Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Guillermito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tubing YS

Hello, it wanted to know where it is possible to be bought the fuel tubing that come in the YS (blue color).
Also as it is the best fuel tubing to use with these engines.

Thank you very much. Greetings.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Tubing YS

I replace all the dark blue tubing on the eninges. Over time it will get hard and crack at the connections. Its a very stiff fuel line. I prefer Prather med tubing but I'm not sure what we are going to do now that Prather is out of business. I guess I'll start looking around for other fuel tubing when my Prather stock runs out.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 AM
HankScorpio

Hi Troy,

do you know if the medium Aerotrend blue tubing is comparable to the Prather. I too am running out of that stuff []

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used the Aerotrend recently and it seems good. I have not put it to extensive use over long term like the Prather.

We are creatures of habit and I have never really experienced other types of Fuel tubing. I'm sure there are lots of products that would warrant my use and loyalty. I just haven't tried them yet.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
HankScorpio

Thank you for your reply Troy.

Cheers.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:40 AM
PJ_TankPilot

ORIGINAL: HankScorpio
do you know if the medium Aerotrend blue tubing is comparable to the Prather. I too am running out of that stuff []
I have been using Aerotrend blue for many years. I use blue for vent and Prather pink for fuel. With two colors I never get the plumbing hooked up wrong.

Aerotrend is good tubing. The ID is the same but the OD is slightly larger than the Prather pink. This makes the tubing walls slightly thicker and the line stiffer. This makes it un-usable for a clunk line in a Hayes tank because the Hayes clunk doesn't weigh enough. The Prather works fine as a Hayes clunk.

I got lucky and found some Prather medium fuel tubing at a hobby shop in China. It cost me extra but it is worth it. I think I am set for life.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Well I've still got enough Prather for my glow models, but have recently gone to Aerotrend for my gassers and so far it seems to be doing the job well.

Be aware that the Aerotrend comes in two flavors, the regular stuff and what they call "EasyFlex". The regular stuff is pretty stiff and I don't like it at all. The EasyFlex is much easier to work with, not quite like the Prather but close. Only problem I've had with Aerotrend is that the stuff can be hard to find...