Can anyone translate Japanese?

http://f3a.sakura.ne.jp/radiocontrol.../DZ170-FI.html

Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injected YS1.70 ?

Its a JOKE....

an OS 200FI carb and backplate bolted onto a YS 170DZ

The YS DZ engines are already Fuel injected. They are actually direct injected to the valve.

The OS FI engines are actually Electronically Injected Carburetors. Its an electronic Needle Valve

If you look at the photo it can't be a combo. It has the Pump and Injector of the normal DZ engine....and it also has the carb and injector of the OS engine....It can't really work both ways....

The YS engine has a fuel pump that is keyed to the cam gear and pumps fuel when the intake valve opens mechanically.

The OS engines work off an RPM sensor and the fuel tank is pressurized. When the electric solenoid opens the pressure that is inside the tank pushes fuel into the "spray bar" to mix fuel and air. Basically the system is the same as the older 140 FI 2 stroke. The injection system is really a electronic needle valve assembly. It uses RPM sensor to determine where it is on the throttle curve and the control box plugs into a separate RX channel and acts like a mixture control Carb. There is just not mechanical linkage for the mixture its electronic in the box. Kinda like a Speed Controller for an electric motor.

If you use a combo of the systems it can't work...first the OS system requires a pressurized system to push fuel through the solenoid. The YS system if the tank is pressurized will not pump fuel it will just flow straight through it and not be controlled. So the idea behind the two systems is so different it don't intermix.

Why would you need to electronically meter fuel through the solenoid in the rear of the carb body if you already have fuel being pumped to the head and injected onto the valve. Or vice versa. Unless the tank has pressure nothing will flow through the electronic system when it opens, and if the tank has pressure the pump on the DZ system will not control fuel flow as its being force fed through it.

Its a Joke.

What is interesting is that the OS 200 carb and backplate assembly can be bolted onto the YS.

From looking at the OS 200FI exploded parts view its a YS engine with an OS tag on it. YS engines have used the rear disc valve for supercharger and the air box system...YS has made the valve cover area the air box... Basically the OS 200 FI is essentially a YS pressurized engine with the electronic box to control needle valve. Is it true fuel injection well maybe....its similar to the mid 1980's cars with a injected throttle body.

I ran a OS 140 FI engine and it was an excellent engine. I would say it was the best 2 stroke pattern engine produced. The OS 200 made some really good changes. They moved the injector solenoid to the rear of the carb so its not taking a beating as its being bounced around on the soft mounts. Also they changed the axis in which the solenoid was mounted. Its now parallel to the crank and not perpendicular to it. The super charger (rear disc valve) and the air box are YS ideas and we know they work. So putting the OS electronic needle valve system on a 4 stroke engine that has the power, and the super charger properties of the YS is a cool thing. Those of us who ran the OS Fuel injected engines know that it was a cool concept and when new it worked really well. If the injector problems have been solved by its new location and arrangement then it should be a good engine in terms of reliability. Who knows. Basically I think you are getting the same power as the 170DZ and the price is nearly double. The 170DZ will be around $650 each....I would like to try an OS 200FI just to see how it performs. I'm a techno junky and like playing with engines and stuff. However the extra weight (3oz) and complexity of the electronic system just don't offer an advantage to me. I'm a fan of OS engines and think they have good products. I just think the Yamada product is better in this application.

The non Fuel injected OS 200 is nothing like its F3A cousin. It is missing the rear disc valve and super charger system. it is missing the air box, and it is missing the pressurized or pumped fuel system. So I really don't see this as a viable pattern engine. Yes the OS 160FX lacks these items too and guys are using these engines in pattern. The big thing there is the OS160FX is about $250 each and the OS 200 Surpass is around $500. Why would a guy buy a OS 200 Surpass then put a pump on it to have less power and a hodge podge system for the essentially $50 or $75 less than a DZ170.

I would expect the OS 200 Surpass to be around 140 Sport power. These are the numbers that are being shown in the reviews. In fact the OS 200 Surpass seems to be lacking a bit to the YS 140 Sport. You can buy a 140 Sport for $400 and it has the supercharger has the pressurized fuel system and is designed around the task. The OS 200 Surpass is designed to in competition with the big Saito 180 and 200 for scale apps and such. Its probably a really good engine as all OS engines are good. But the YS engines are performance engines and designed and tuned for performance. Just two different markets. You don't stick NASCAR engines in your Chevy Impala...different applications.

Here is the translated text from google....

"SS-DZ170-FI, that is born and, the super charge of YS and the electronic control of OS… fusing the technology which each other makes proudest, the cartridge it is the ultimate engine. The pliant efficiency probably is to invite the F3A flier which grows tired of every day to the world of strange dimension? [te] or [a] ~~~~ (burst of laughter)"

Its a joke

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injected YS1.70 ?

Thanks Troy. Looking at it I didn't think they'd use the regulator on the front. They got me.

BTW, on my other 1.60dz I never have got it to run right. It fires and dies after running at a high idle for 30 seconds or so. I took it out and put my other engine in it and it ran flawlessly so it's not the fuel/header/pipe/tank.

I didn't think YS ever made a 1.20 2 stroke but they did. I saw one.