Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

New flat YS45 diaphragms?

Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Keefer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New flat YS45 diaphragms?

I recently purchased some YS45 diapghrams, ( p/n YS0410), which are completely flat. The salesman assured me that these were the "new design", and they did come shipped in a YS packaged bearing that part number.

The YS45 regulator plunger end is a solid rod, which passes through a hole in the regulator body and fits into a thickened depression in the original diaphragm.
What is the intention of these new flat diapghrams? I envision poking holes in them right away!

I know the YS63 diaphragm is flat, but the plunger has a seat on it which seals with the port in the regulator body and doesn't contact the diaphragm. Are there new plungers coming out for the 45 which works the same way?

Thanks,
(confused) Keefer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46034.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	778307  
Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New flat YS45 diaphragms?

The part number is listed as a 45/60 diaphram. You should call YS Parts and Service and talk to them about it. The reason is I know what you are talking about with the diaphram and the molded seat or support for the plunger. The biggest problem is these engines are so old its tough to remember.

literally these engines have been out of production for a long long time. I would say min 10 yrs on the 45 and its been 15-18yrs on the 60. The new regulators are a bit different but same idea.

I fortunately I don't have a 45 or 60 available to look at. I have one of each but they are someplace in a box. I have done a bunch of moving the last few years and they are "lost in the Modeling stuff"

Richard at YS Parts and Service can help you out he deals with these engines all the time.

www.yspartsandservice.com

has the phone number and contact info.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Keefer

Nicely done. I'll give him a ring. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Keefer

Well, after a few phone calls with no answer, and a few emails, I got one simple reply from YS Parts and Service stating simply that it was the wrong part. I still don't know what the correct P/N is for the YS 45 diaphragm. Any ideas?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know they are not really good with email....He doesn't check it as often and I check mine. Richard is just not an INTERNET type person...That is why I'm on here and not him.

The telephone is a hit and miss thing I understand I just tried calling and its busy. I would keep trying. They are on PAC time. They are suppose to be open from 9am to 5pm PT M-F

I'm sorry I can't help more I just don't have a 45 available or a set of documentation to tell you what part it is. I wish I did. I do know that Richard has them in a book and I have seen the book. So he is the best bet.

Sorry for the frustration. If can bend Richards ear I'm sure he can help you...the problem is catching him.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
jpappano

The correct part# is ys0410, I have a YS parts list for the 45FS/FR. If you need a copy I can email it to you.
I bought mine about 6 months ago and they were just like the originals.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:03 AM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also get them at Central Hobbies. I think someone just bagged it wrong.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Keefer

I suppose it's possible they were bagged wrong. I always thought the 45 and 61 had different diaphragms, as their part numbers for each engine are different.

I'll ask Central Hobbies to make an exchange.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84866.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	796273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37348.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	796274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74938.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	25.7 KB