Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys 110fz overheating

Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM
flyherlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys 110fz overheating

YS 110fz after 1 1/2 years of perfect preformance started puking fuel whil under preasure while not running. Sent is to YS after stopping the leak because I could not find sweet spot between the needle valve and the preasure regulator. Got it back and still would not run right. Since then I had to replace the crankcase because I stripped a thread in the crankcase. I've managed to get it running and starting great but I now have a heat problem at hight rpms. Off the chart on a temp. gage. 250 deg. This is might first 4stroke that I have disassembled and rebuilt. I have lots of compression when I hand turn the crank. I used a new can of power master 20/20.
Did not replace piston of ring, just the crankcase.
What is causing the heat????????? Thanks. Jerry
Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ys 110fz overheating

Perhaps you didn't get the bearings in right and they are binding up....I would suggest you send it to richard to look it over...

Did you use the old bearings? If so then they likely got damaged in removing them....Then putting them back in might mean they are dragging. I'm not sure whats up....but I would bet something didn't get put back togetehr properly and its dragging causing the excessive heat..

Don't run it anymore until you know what it is.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
flyherlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troy.........that was my thought about the bearings. I'm really at a crossroads with this. I've put in over a $150.00 already in this and sending it back to Richard would be another 80.00 or so. I used new bearing when I rebuilt it. Tell you the truth I'm about ready to hang it up for a later day and get me a new engine. It certainly has been a learning experience albiet an expensive one.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes that is the price to pay for not letting YS Parts and Service fix it the first time.

I know I've been there and done that.

It could also be something like the con rod in backwards too...Or the rear disc valve being too tight or not properly aligned.

Lots of options. Send it to Richard and he will fix it up for you.

Troy Newman
Team YS