Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS DZ160 pumping air & fuel

Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
matthewjetr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS DZ160 pumping air & fuel

Guys can anyone help me out there im in Australia not alot of support on these engines here. My drama is I have 2 of these engines one works perfectly. The other for some reason does not. I have checked everything in my fuel system Im using the check valve run a 34oz tank, plane was running well, then the other day I had a dead stick landing after only about 5 mins of flight time.

Checked the tank 3/4 left, whilst turning the prop by hand noticed the fuel line into the pump was 100% fuel no air, but the outlet is alot of continous air bubbles and fuel mix. I have replaced diaprham in regulator, springs gaskets in pump but still some how the pump is introducing air. Any tips
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS DZ160 pumping air & fuel

I think it is probably a bad pump.

The pump has a small piston in it that fits inside the pump body. If this gets too worn the pump will not move fuel and will get some air. The other possible issue is the top of the pump when the pushrod comes out to contact the tappet could be worn and this is causing air to get into the system. Remember while the engine is running the valve cover area is under high pressure....So a leak up here would result in lots of air getting down into the pump.

Troy Newman
Team YS