Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

DZ160 Fuel Clunk

Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 AM
matthewjetr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DZ160 Fuel Clunk

Can anyone shed some light on a problem we are having with a brand new DZ160. I know in the manual it states you must use the fuel clunk provided, obviously if they provide one its for a reason. But I am trying to tune this engine but its runnning lean cause there are tiny air bubbles in the line from the carby to the injector.
As it is a new engine we are also using the check valve, the only reason for our problem I can see is that we are using the clunk that came with the Dubro tank. Would this make a difference. ?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DZ160 Fuel Clunk

If you are using a regular clunk and you are lfying the engine not just running it on the ground then your problem could be the clunk.

The foam clunk prevents air bubbles from getting in the line..

However you say that since the engine is new you are using a check valve...how and where is the check valve installed and what kind of check valve is it?

Have you tried to richen the pump slightly to keep it from going lean?

Troy Newman
Team YS