Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

another after run oil question

Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 AM
riadh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default another after run oil question

Hi Troy, I have recently read on one of the RC Universe forums that Dextron 3 automatic transmission oil could be used as a perfect after run oil for our glow engines. This was because of its ability to leave a film of oil over the surfaces for extended periods of time thus acting as a strong buffer against moisture and other harmful after burn nitrous products. Do you think this oil would be recommended to be used as such for the YS engines? The oil is described to be "a mineral based automatic transmission fluid” I am not sure if this description makes this oil synthetic based (safe) or petroleum based (un safe).Thank you
Old 05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
still4given

Default RE: another after run oil question

According to the MSDS sheets [link=http://www.archeroil.com/product_data/MSDS/MSDS03180A.htm]Dextron III MSDS[/link] it is a "Highly Refined Petroleum Oil". I think that rules it out for YS engines.

Blessings, Terry
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As plain as I can say this,

NO

best regards,

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
riadh

Thank you gentlemen .At the moment I am using the Cool Power high performance synth oil for that purpose .Anyways this is what I use for mixing my 20/20 fuel at home, but somehow I feel that this synth oil is not sticking long enough on engine surfaces.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The oil that is in your fuel is the best thing for the engine. I don't know about film properties of this oil and how it attaches to the parts when not running. I just know that I use NO after run oil at all. I also use the Cool Power fuel, while use use the oil packages, I use the premix stuff here in the USA.

I would say you don't need after run oil all all using the Cool power oil packages. This is also what Cool power says as well.

Best regards

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 05-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Four Stroker

The oil from your fuel is evaporating. Not good for long term storage. Dave sells an afterrun oil for YS longterm storage. It works great.