Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS91FZ

Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
sunfly3
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS91FZ

I have a 91FZ mounted in a Bridi Escape Pattern plane. Engine starts easy, pressurizes tank, idles well, transitions well. At full throttle, it runs for approximately 1-2 minutes, then goes lean and dies. Regulator spring, piston, diaphragm, and check valve have all been replaced. Tank was replaced and replumbed. Needle valve set at approximately two turns out. Same response regardless of needle position. Needle valve flushed out, using OS F plug, APC 14x10 prop, Cool power 20/20 fuel, and regulator is flush with the housing. No deviation, runs for two minutes with nice smoke in exhause, then goes lean and dies. Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS91FZ

Sounds like a really worn out ring, or a damaged piston/liner assembly. When it gets up to temp it goes super lean and quits, and all the while smoking like a freight train.

The liner probably has a big scratch in it or perhaps the piston is out of round....A really worn out ring will do the same thing too.

I think it needs to be sent to YS Parts and Service for a re-build.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
sunfly3

Thanks for the prompt response. Will package it up and send it.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Troy Newman

Tomball TX

I been there. I was lucky enough to come to a pattern contest there a couple of years ago with my friend Nat Penton from DeQuincy LA.

I flew his model the Voodoo Express and really enjoyed the contest. Hanging out with Nat is always a treat. A true Southern Gentleman.

You folks have a very fine flying field.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:48 PM
sunfly3

My club Space City RC just had our annual pattern meet put on by Glen Watson weekend before last. Nat was there, we had 25 entries, good weather, a lot of fun, and about 80 billion little love bugs. Great time had by all.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Troy Newman

Those Houston guys are a bunch of fun. Glen is a super nice guy and very talented pilot.

Maybe someday I'll get back down there.

Troy