Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 2 stroke 61 w regulator

Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Texan2
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 2 stroke 61 w regulator

[]Does anyone know the procedure in adjusting a ys 61 2 stroke with regulator. I have one that came mounted on a Combat Models F-16. Once I began to decrease throttle for landing, I'm committed because any attempt to throttle up kills the engine. It will often die after taxi out upon attempts to throttle up, requiring re-start. If I blow the engine out at high trottle then take off immediately, I'm OK. If I throttle down, I'd better be ready to land.

Help.
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YS 2 stroke 61 w regulator

I'm sure Troy will help you out shortly but if you PM me your e-mail address I happen to have the manual for the 61LS and the AR in PDF and can e-mail them to you.

Pete
Old 05-15-2008, 01:08 PM
mjfrederick

Your regulator is set too rich, or it is sticking open allowing fuel to leak through. I believe to lean it out, you turn it counter clock-wise, but Troy could confirm. If the airplane was sitting up for a while before you bought it, the regulator probably needs to be cleaned out anyway. Remove the housing and rinse all the parts off with raw fuel. Something I used to do when I was still running this engine was if I took the assembly appart, I flipped the diaphragm over (it tends to develop a dimple, making it work poorly). When re-assembling keep an eye out for ANY tiny bits of debris, the smallest speck can cause a problem. Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lean the Regulator a little bit. Like 1/8th turn.

The information from Matt above is NOT correct.

All YS regulators on the Pressurized systems are (Clockwise to LEAN) CCW to richen.

Another thing you may look into is a new glow plug before you try it again. The plug will deteriorate and this will cause major issues.

Also the plug you choose is another factor. I suggest the OS #8 and Only the OS#8 plug.

Try the new plug and then perhaps try CW adjustment on the regulator screw by about 1/8th of a turn.

Get the manual from Pete as I has it. I can't find one right now. The enigne is pretty old. Going on over 15years old in fact. I think the last time they were produced was around 1991-1992.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
mjfrederick

My bad... been a while since I had to adjust one of those... been on DZ's for a while now...