Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

FUEL LEAK

Old 05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
TESANBORN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL LEAK

Hi Troy I have a YS110 FZ Mounted inverted on a Showtime 90 The engine idles great transitions fine. however as soon as I spin the engine to pressurize the tank I get fuel dripping out of my carb. what can be causing this.
Thanks!
Edward
Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FUEL LEAK

The fuel tank will pressurize in the first 15-30secs of the engine running at low rpm. Fuel dripping from the carb if you are spinning the engine up without the engine running would be normal the engine is not burning the fuel and it has to go somewhere. In fact this practice that you are doing is actually flooding the engine.

There is no need to "pressurize" the tank before you start the engine.

There is nothing about the inverted install that will make this problem worse of better....the only thing about inverted is you will see the drop of fuel come out of the carb while its inverted. If the engine is upright it will just flood worse.

Troy Newman
Team YS