Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 63S Runs Super!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 PM
cooperd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 63S Runs Super!

I want to thank Troy and others here who provide such great trouble shooting info on the YS Engines. I bought a 63s last Jan. It ran great on the test stand, but in the airplane it became more and more troublesome until it no longer ran at all. Three dead stick landings with damage on two.

I tried to pull the throttle barrel out and of course not realizing it only comes out one way, I cut the o ring. Thanks to YS Service they sent a replacement. That, of course was not the real problem. The real problem turns out was one of the push rod o ring seals in the head had spugged out of it's seat, allowing air into the engine. I didn't see this until I was handling the engine out of the plane and happened to catch it.

Well to make a long story short, I finally had a chance to run the engine today. And it runs absolutely super. Smooth low RPM idle, instant pickup when punched. A little adjustment to the regulator to stop the mid range pulsing and it is ready to go back in a plane. Using Troy's recommended 30% Heli fuel(Cool Power), love it!

Thanks for the right on the money advice Troy.