Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS110 fz-s idle issues

Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
solarviper
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS110 fz-s idle issues

after tuning my ys engine for 3 hours, i finally got the throttle to respond to the stick movement, only problem now is it takes a very long time for the idle to calm down, like 15-45 secs before it will start to idle down and sometimes it will not idle down at all but stay at a very high idle, any ideas? thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: YS110 fz-s idle issues

What do you mean by responding to stick movement?
Also where are your needle and regulator settings as well as the RPM of the engine when you bring it to idle and when it finally settles down?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 PM
dmccormick001

Sounds more like a problem with the servo than it does the engine. Are you sure the servo isn't binding or something? Or maybe the throttle barrel is not moving freely so that it's taking a long time for it to move after you move the throttle stick back to idle.

You need to be able to see the throat of the carb and see if, after you bring the stick back to the idle position, the carb barrel is rotating to the closed position immediately, or if there's a lag. If there's a lag, you'll have to find out why. If there is no lag, but the engine is continuing to run too fast even after the throttle closes, then I'd suggest you have a serious air leak somewhere that's letting the engine suck air past the barrel. Find out which it is and maybe one of us can help you figure it out.

David
Old 10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
solarviper
My Feedback: (139)

well i looked inside the throttle and the barrel moves exactly when the servo dose, after revving up the engine and pulling back the stick to idle the barrel fully close, but yet the engines idle is like 3000 rpms and slowly drops to around 2300 rpms but it takes the engine from 15-35 secs or so, as far as my needle setting, the high is at about 1 1/2, the low is at 1 1/4 and the reg is at 1/2 turn past flush per ys, ys told me to set the reg screw to flush with the body and then screw it in approx half a turn
Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
turboratt

sounds like a airleak
Old 10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only things I can think of is the throttle trim needs lowered and the low end is rich. I say this because I cannot think of any other set of circumstances that would cause your described issues. If the bottom end is rich you need to up the throttle trim to keep it running. This is of course given that the plug and fuel are good.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:45 PM
SuperViking
My Feedback: (4)

It sounds like an airleak Shawn, mine runs awsome.Ed

whats your phone number?