Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Bearings stuck

Old 02-12-2009, 12:02 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearings stuck

Working on this engine has been quite difficult.
Ok, I got the bearings out. Cleaned everything and went to put them back in. Most of the time the rear bearings have no particular orientation. They can go in either direction. I figured the same with these. They went in no problem and the crank went in no problem. In fact too easy. However, when I turned the crank it seemed to be dragging a bit.

Well I noticed the bearings were not in the same was as they were originally. So I heated the case back up and took the bearings back out. Everything was ok up to that point. Then I attempted to reinsert the bearings back in what appeared the original direction. Some writing that says Japan pointed to the rear of the engine. However, they only went in a tiny bit and they would not go in any further. Unfortunately now I can neither remove them nor get them to go in futher. I have heated the case a number of times. Its like they are cockeyed one tiny micron or something inside of the case. So I'm a bit in a quandry now. Is there a way out of where I am.

I guess I should have just left them the way they were.....

[:@]
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bearings stuck

I hate to use a piece of bent landing gear behind the bearings to apply pressure to pull them back out. Gosh...don't want to do that again. Make sure and put the bearings on the crank first so they line up correctly instead of taking a chance on getting them off.