Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 1.40 DZ sudden rpm drop

Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 AM
tuavp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 1.40 DZ sudden rpm drop

I have been using my YS 1.40 Dingo and Hatori Tune pipe on my Exclusive modelbau FUNTANA PRO plane since years. I might had 250-300 flights, I am using %30 nitro and having 9.200 rpm on ground with 18X6 MEZJLIK CF prop so this rpm let me hoverin on the deck by 1/2 THROTLE or less.

Last 2 flight was horable, engnie started easily as always, checked the rpm - was OK, then take off , straight flight , loops, inverted etc etc was good nothing wrong with the engine but when I come to hovering first 2-3 second OK then when I hit the throtle my engine rpm droped dramaticaly and my plane sit on her rudder, small cracs were repaired and next weekend same thing happened again

Could someone tell me where should I check?? Or what to do??

Thks
Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
mjfrederick

Default RE: YS 1.40 DZ sudden rpm drop

Check your valve gaps first.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: YS 1.40 DZ sudden rpm drop

Has any maintenance been done to the engine? The valve to rocker gap, I agree, is a great place to start. If the problem still persists, how do the bearings feel?