Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Flux XS diff. bevel gears

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flux XS diff. bevel gears

HAs anyone else had the issue of the teeth breaking off the diff bevel gears on the XS? Both diffs have missing teeth on the bevel gear? what causes this?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
wyumez

Default RE: Flux XS diff. bevel gears

I haven't had a problem with this yet, and I bash the sh## out of mine. There are reports of this happening though.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM
cumminspower5.9

Yea I have put my XS thru it's paces as well. Just doesn't make sense how it is missing teeth. kinda stupid actually lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get out  before its to late lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
cumminspower5.9

Hey so far I have only replaced 2 drive cups lol. you just can't beat the snot out of it everytime you run it.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:19 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: echthelion

get out before its to late lol
I agree! I built the SS version to review and was very, VERY disappointed with the quality.

1. multiple errors in the build
2. stock tires were terrible! (had NO traction and were so thin that one blew apart)
3. harder than he** to work on
4. durability sucked (broke front bumper and bent several drive cups but I think the rest of the drivetrain was being pushed to the limit also)
5. steering assembly was difficult to assemble/work on and required a really strong servo for a mini
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

3. harder than he** to work on
Welcome to the world of TVPs?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 AM
cumminspower5.9

I find the truck easy to work on. 10 screws and I'm pulling ou the transmission. 4 screws-receiver mount, 2 screws-esc, 2 screws-roll bar, 2 screws-tranny. I have been impressed with this truck. Beat the hell out of it. Like I said before, I have only replaced 2 drive cups. the bevel gears are still functional. I have taken it off a BMX birm and gotten 30ft of air, landed flat on the wheels...broke nothing. The truck laughed and asked for more.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iv'e heard they are fine on 2s, but blow themselves apart on 3, and they look WAY too difficult to repair than they need to be.

hpi makes some stinkers, e10, blitz, mini recon ect. the savage X4.6 is just about the best savage out there.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I find the truck easy to work on. 10 screws and I'm pulling ou the transmission. 4 screws-receiver mount, 2 screws-esc, 2 screws-roll bar, 2 screws-tranny. I have been impressed with this truck. Beat the hell out of it. Like I said before, I have only replaced 2 drive cups. the bevel gears are still functional. I have taken it off a BMX birm and gotten 30ft of air, landed flat on the wheels...broke nothing. The truck laughed and asked for more.
How about # of screws to get a diff open? I had the E-Savage that was blowing up diffs left and right, and I hated getting to those darned things every time.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I find the truck easy to work on. 10 screws and I'm pulling ou the transmission.4 screws-receiver mount, 2 screws-esc, 2 screws-roll bar, 2 screws-tranny. I have been impressed with this truck. Beat the hell out of it. Like I said before, I have only replaced 2 drive cups. the bevel gears are still functional. I have taken it off a BMX birm and gotten 30ft of air, landed flat on the wheels...broke nothing. The truck laughed and asked for more.
How about # of screws to get a diff open? I had the E-Savage that was blowing up diffs left and right, and I hated getting to those darned things every time.
4 screws...2 to pull the bumper down, and 2 screws to pull half the case off. then you can just grab the outdrive cups and the diff is out.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Eman77

Not bad!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
cumminspower5.9

A lot of people say the XS is crap. But you have to remember...it was a new truck. New platform, new design. Of course there are going to be issues. My esc went bad, but they replaced it and sent me two! I just hate the fact that some people complain about it, though they max it out battery wise and beat the crap out of it. This truck is easy to work on. easy to reploace parts as well. For a $300 RTR, it is a beast.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
chasehq

After reading cumminspowers post above, i felt the need to log in and post...
Ok I have replaced all the drive cups apart from the front outdrives and diff cups with HR stuff,
chewed through the stock rubbish tyres in 4ish weeks, and replaced an axle pin, rear hub carrier, and
bottom shock eyelet. It lost rwd a couple of times and this was because the diff centre shaft kept backing out and
made the pinion pin slip out of the back of the pinion, I fixed this by putting two o-rings in the rear centre drive cups between the diff and gearbox. Other than replacing the antenna tube every outing as it gets ground down from roof slides I dont replace anything apart from it needed a $4 slipper clutch last week.

This thing gets an absolute hiding... still the stock esc and motor, I use this more than any of my other rc's, I love the short wheelbase, i love the twitchiness on full throttle wheelies, i love the endless cartwheels (its like a party trick!) and then it ends up on its roof like a turtle. lol

GO THE LITTLE GUY!!!