Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini nitro off road

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 PM
RiseAgainst017

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini nitro off road

i want i mini nitro off road im thinking about the nb16 its cheap i want it for fun not as much to race i aslo dont want to spend much money im almost 13 i have a acme condor pro and an emaxx so im pretty much broke i need a cheap but good mini nitro and if the only good ones are expensive post the m any ways i have ways i can get things cheaper[sm=devious.gif][sm=greedy.gif]
Old 04-17-2006, 10:11 PM
nedMX

Default RE: mini nitro off road

they are all exspensive.

have a nice day
Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
-Inverted-

I personally like the Pictor Miwi, I just can't seem to find a place that stocks the vehicle and parts. As far as I know they were never released in the US.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:54 PM
RiseAgainst017

i think i may get the nb16 or better known as the vulcan its good and only 170 usd
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
*Nitstklr72*

i whant to know 2 if its any good 2 and if i can put 1/10 rims on i would make it a mini nitro mt
Old 04-19-2006, 10:10 AM
irenaslavo

Hi, caboose_017 and Nitstklr72,

I'm also new in 1/18 nitro scale but I race most gas and nitro models, I just came from the largest hobby shop is pairs who is selling Miwi and NB16 and he kow Vulacn but he didn't have until now and the following is my opinion:

1- Building quality, surly Miwi are better than NB16 also it comes with tuned muffler but the weight distribution of NB-16 are better than Miwi because in Miwi engine, tuned muffler fuel tank are install in the same right side.
2- Engine of both models are almost identical
3- Taking off or install BN-16 body are real pain but the body are solid and you can twisted in all direction .
4- Both front and rear tires of Miwi are the same size, NB-16 the front is narrower than the back .
5- Position of Air filter of Miwi are better than NB-16 because it is on the side of heat sink which gives better engine cooling in a time filter in NB16 are facing the engine.
6- The tires size of both models are almost the same of 1/10 scale but the diameter of the wheel hub and outdrive are smaller, they informed me that very soon Miwi will have adapter for 1/10 wheels but they didn't get informed that NB-16 will them .
7- The fuel tank of Miwi is little larger than NB16 but the shop said that users for NB16 are facing problem from fuel bleeding from NB16 tank because the cover become not tight during running the car.

I believe good model and bad model is depend to high extend on the level you will abuse the car accordingly if you have the best model in the universe and abuse it up to extreme be sure it will ended a pieces .. I saw racers using 1/5 scale Lauterbacher model worth 5000 US.$ but they drive like crazy and they ended the race even before start.

Since your budget is limited , My advise is to go for NB-16 as start ( not Vulcan because the price of Vulcan is 280.00 not 170.00) , then step by step you can upgrade the essential like muffler, aluminum shocks , tunes pipe or 2 speed Transmission, they are all available in IRC-Racing with very reasonable prices.

I you need more advise about car performance you can wait until Sunday and I will update you because our club arrange a Saturday race for mini nitro and all models will be their hopefully I will see Vulcan SE.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Mr Bubbles

Miwi has bad weight distribution? Do you realize that every 8th scale buggy/truggy on the market has their engine, fuel tank, and exhaust on the same side and their weight distribution is perfect. It is a proven design that works. The nitro tc3 also has that same chassis layout and it's one of hte best on-road touring cars on the market today.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 PM
marshman

I am also lookin at the nb16, looks good value 4 money (ÂŁ140 read to run). Im gonna wait till my GCSE's are over in June b4 i buy. Ive heard that mini inferno and half 8 parts fit. You can also get a 2 speed gear box for it so that should be a bit of a game!!!!
Heres a link to a post on the UK MicroRC Forum, reading this it looks quite gud.

http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...w+arrived+nb16
Old 04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
irenaslavo

Sorry, I didn't realize that since the model I have are different…. Genesis and Ofna Blazer engine in left , Tanks in right… Savage 4.6, engine in the right tank in left…. HPI R40 Hara edition tank in the middle, FG 1/5 monster beetle and Porsche On- road, the engine and tank in the middle.

Specifically for Miwi and far from the weight of the engine with tunes pipe which is relatively heavy compare with the size of the model the tank positioned on the edge of the chassis with its long side parallel to the engine this alone could leads to increase right to left weight transfer

I'm not against Miwi but I had the model in hands and I gave my opnion … did you have a chance to see the model? also don't forget that we are talking about 800 gm model not 1/8 or 1/10 scale.

About (proven design it works) … yes everything works but my opinion based on PhD in vehicle designing and extensive knowledge on how we can achieve perfection in designing anything moving on 4 wheels… the proven design you mentioned… will work but it will never work perfectly.

ORIGINAL: Mr Bubbles

Miwi has bad weight distribution? Do you realize that every 8th scale buggy/truggy on the market has their engine, fuel tank, and exhaust on the same side and their weight distribution is perfect. It is a proven design that works. The nitro tc3 also has that same chassis layout and it's one of hte best on-road touring cars on the market today.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
RiseAgainst017

i cant get the miwiin the U.S. so im getting the nb16 its cheaper 2
Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
irenaslavo

You are right, price of Miwi in France equal to 360 US.$ plus shipping, I believe ordering NB16 as start is the right decision and you can upgrade it step by step .

Also I believe during upgrading it is better to use the original parts tailored and manufactured specially for NB-16, they are all available in irc-racing.com

Don't forget to post pictures. Good Luck
Old 04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
RiseAgainst017

thx i wont be getting it to soon though i have no money im only 12 i will post pics when i get it. but that will be a wile
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 AM
marshman

does any one know if the miwi thing is available in the UK of have any links about it
Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
RiseAgainst017

its availible in paris and poland maybe more
Old 04-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Mr Bubbles

Note I said every 8th scale buggy and truggy. The MBX-5, Jammin CR, Kyosho 777, Jammin CRT, Kyosho ST-R, Xray XB8, all have that same chassis layout, and all are the top buggy/truggies. I'm sure if there was a better layout someone would have came up with it. Btw, I have weighed the engine, exhaust, and tank(full) in my crt along with all the electronics boxes, battery, receiver, wires, and servo's, and both sides were no more than an ounce in difference. I'd say that's as close as it gets.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
irenaslavo

Mr. Bubbles,

The weight of any scale from 1/16 up to 1/1 cars, determine not only component weight but on weight on each wheels…. if you are interesting in this issue I can send you a privet 320 pages mail explain this theory in full details.