Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

official mini quake thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:24 AM
cookie monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official mini quake thread

its an older version. its brown on top and heres what it says as a lable sort of thing:

mrc
rb-486 ac/dc
super charger

thats all i know about it i think i could make it work with a mini battery. maybe some alligator clips or something allong those lines. ill make it work.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Seek and Destroy

I want one of these, but I doesn't look like I can upgrade any of these parts to graphite or aluminum or carbon fiber. If there is, I might get it.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:28 AM
cookie monster

you can get alluminum knuckles off ebay. they are under 15 shipped to your house.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Seek and Destroy

Can I get better arms and screws and shock towers and shocks? If I can, Then I will probably get one. Oh yah, what about a better chassis? And could I fit a 2 or 3 cell lipo in it?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 AM
rusty savage

here you go. take a look around. also search on ebay for mrx4

http://www.rcraceday.com/comersus/st...idCategory=113
Old 09-03-2006, 12:25 AM
stewtheman

I run mine with a 2-cell 2000mAh LiPo. All I had to do was shave the wall of the chassis to make room for the extra width. There's a picture of my setup on the previous page.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
TheLinkster

Hey does anyone have any pics of a MiniQuake next to a Mini-T or a Mini-LST?
I cant decide if I wanna get a MiniQuake or Mini-T. (Allready have a Minii-LST)
Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Seek and Destroy

I've seen a pic like that on one18th I think. The mini lst was the biggest, and th miniquake was bigger than the mini-t but smaller than the mlst.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Mini LST vs. Mini Quake front-

Mini LST vs. Mini Quake side-

My old mini collection-
Old 09-04-2006, 06:33 PM
-Inverted-

Well mine should be here on the 6th.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
TheLinkster

Thanks for the pics Dale. Hmm... now I need to decide if I want a Mini-T or a Mini Quake.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 PM
stewtheman

Go with the MQ! I've never been let down as much as when I received my Mini-T! I guess the Mini-T is good for those who want to upgrade everything, but the MQ is great right out of the box (although I didn't even try the battery). That's just my experience.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Dale Gribble

The Mini-T kind of pissed me off out of the box. Here is why-

- They have the crappiest steering servo and to my knowledge, Losi never fixed it. The thing broke on me like it does for everyone else. Problem is, since they have this integrated receiver/ESC, it has a special 4 pin steering servo lead, so you can't just go buy an aftermarket servo and install without reworking it. After 2 broken servos, I scrapped the Mini-T's stock electronics and put in a Radio, Rx and ESC from an RC-18T. This allowed me to put in a Hitec HS-56 servo which worked really well. Pricey fix.

- Friction shocks? C'mon. Might as well buy some Losi Oil shocks when you buy the Mini-T, and those were a pain to keep from leaking. I think I finally doubled or tripled up on those little clear gaskets to get a good seal.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
rschoi_75

What's up fellas. Its been a while seen I've been able to browse around. This thread has really taken off. Its great to see all this support for the mini quake. I figured I'd link some pics of my mini quake. I'm rschoi_75 on one18th.com:

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile
Oh yeah, and the outdrive kit that you linked only works with ball diffs. If you want metal outdrives for the stock gears, you will have to go to ebay or rcmart.com
You got that backwards. The metal outdrives will work with the stock diff gear assy, but you must have the metal CVD's. So to recap, the metal outdrives WILL work with the stock gears, but will NOT work with the stock plastic driveshafts.
sorry for such a late response, but I need to clarify this for others. You were right about the metal outdrives, but take a closer look at the link on the very first post. He linked the ball diff outdrive kit, which is three pieces, and ONLY works with the dtx ball diffs. That's what I was trying to explain. But you got everything else right. Btw, nice pics of your project! Your mlst shock idea is sick.

-Inverted-
Nice to see you looking into a mini quake. That's what I'm talking about! Ditch that P.O.S. MLST and come over to the dark side.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
rschoi_75

A few more links:

- Knuckle Mod:
http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35616

- Fun with tires:
http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33811

- Upper arm mod (w/ kingpin):
http://www.one18th.com/forums/showth...upper+arms+fix

A few more Mods:

- Another knuckle mod: Cut off the plastic balls on top and bottom, drill a 1/16" size hole, and screw in ballstuds of similar size.

- Another upper arm mod: Cut the arm in half. Drill in a vendetta rear upper arm tie-rod into both ends to make an adjustable upper arm. (I highly reccommend this mod above any else). I'll try to get pics soon.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Dale Gribble

Awesome! Nice to see ya pvt_pyle aka rs_choi_75!

I was very disappointed today- I ordered the Vendetta 12mm Hex hubs about a week ago to put some TC wheels/tires on my MQ. I went to pick up the adapters at my LHS, and they were COMPLETELY different then the MQ. In order to use Vendetta hexes, you have to use the Vendetta metal CVDs too. Bummer...

Guess I will have to do the old Mini-T adapter to Trinity 12mm hex adapter instead... I have a cool setup for wheels and tires. I will post pics soon.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:58 PM
rschoi_75

Yeeeaaah... sooo Milton... we're going to need you to move your desk into the basement to make room for some new people.... so if you could just do that...that'd be grrrreeaatt. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Dale Gribble

Just made my FINAL ORDER for my MQ- this thing has really gotten out of hand and it isn't even brushless. Granted I have been building the thing for a year, I am probably into it for at least 4x over the original cost of the RTR setup. I just ordered 12mm Trinity hexes, DTX Mini-T adapters, HPI 12mm TC wheels and a few other goodies...

RTR Truck:$120
Ball Diffs:$40
Chrome wheels w/block tires: $40
Metal CVDs: $35
Durango Body + Paint:$20
Mini LST shocks:$25
Graphite steering blocks:$10
Proline tires:$20
HPI wheels:$15
Blind IT1200 pack:$20
Deans:$5
Heat sink:$8
VR4 motor:$15
Mini-T Adapters:$8
Trinity adapters:$12
Shock towers:$20
Al Bumpers:$10
Adj turnbuckle:$15
Pinions:$5

Wife finding out amount spent on 1/18 truck and getting ass thrown out: PRICELESS
Old 09-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Seek and Destroy

OK with seeing some of the pics of Dale Gribbles car and pvt piles car, I think they just convinced me to get one. But i'm not going to say for sure yet.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
cookie monster

i know its kinda ironic because i started the thread but, i have decided not to get the mini quake. it just seemed to be a little toy imo. no offence but electric minis are the things parents buy kids when they are 5. i did go with a mini though. i bought a nitro buggy off ebay for 130$ usd. the guy made a mistake and i corrected him so hes giving me free shipping. anyways everyone good luck with their mini quakes.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:54 PM
-Inverted-

-Inverted-
Nice to see you looking into a mini quake. That's what I'm talking about! Ditch that P.O.S. MLST and come over to the dark side.
Pvt, Im am NOT looking into a mini quake......

I already got one!!!! Just gotta go to the old house to pick it up tonight (the old house is my confirmed paypal, not here). I still like my mini-lst and plan to keep it, I just decided to pick up a MQ to have something to tinker with while the solutions are being developed for the mini lst. I heard there is no gear cover on the mini quake, so Ive talked to Javier (Driven Productions) about making one. I am really excited about the mini quake though because this was my original choice, however the mini-lst popped out right at Christmas, and I decided to choose that over the mini quake, Im just setting things straight.....

Ryan
Old 09-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

i know its kinda ironic because i started the thread but, i have decided not to get the mini quake. it just seemed to be a little toy imo. no offence but electric minis are the things parents buy kids when they are 5. i did go with a mini though. i bought a nitro buggy off ebay for 130$ usd. the guy made a mistake and i corrected him so hes giving me free shipping. anyways everyone good luck with their mini quakes.
ya, good luck with that dude... I've got Nitro trucks that you would salivate to get and the MQ is still one of my favorite trucks. A hobby level truck is a hobby level truck, regardless of the size. Fun isn't a direct attribute of size or power source. Your loss... Too bad you won't have anything to run in the house when there is a foot of snow on the ground or it's freezing cold outside.

ORIGINAL: -Inverted
I already got one!!!!
!!!Inverted, awesome! You won't be disappointed. Did you buy new? SE hopefully?!!!

ORIGINAL:rc18t145

OK with seeing some of the pics of Dale Gribbles car and pvt piles car, I think they just convinced me to get one. But i'm not going to say for sure yet.
Wait until my Tower order comes in next week. I might just be able to finally change your mind...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 PM
-Inverted-

i have decided not to get the mini quake. it just seemed to be a little toy imo. no offence but electric minis are the things parents buy kids when they are 5.
LOL, that comment is absurd. While I could go on and on I'd just like to ask you how many 5 year olds you see with 50+ mph electric's........

!!!Inverted, awesome! You won't be disappointed. Did you buy new? SE hopefully?!!!
Yes, I bought the SE off Tower.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
rschoi_75

Ryan-
cool! good luck with your new quake. Once you tweak it a little bit with some mods or hop-ups, its be a blast. btw, I don't really think the mini quake needs a gear cover. I've driven this thing on the beach, dirt, gravel, clay, mud, etc.... and it never had a problem. Of course you will have to break it down to clean the sand/dirt out of the diffs, but that's the same with all mini's. just maintain it well, and it shouldn't be a problem.

Here's one more pic of what your mini quake could look like. This was mine about 6 months ago; before I decided to move back to a brushed motor (for crawling). I no longer use the alloy bumper (its not allowed at my track) and it looks A LOT cleaner than the last few pics, lol.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
-Inverted-

Cool quake, Im still not sure what kinda system Im gonna throw in there. Probably brushless, but I still like brushed.....Lots of thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.